two||lunch

Best friends have lunch together.
.
.
.
.
.

"Scoot over" Oikawa said before he forcibly sat down between Iwaizumi and Hanamaki. He very nonchalantly threw his bag on the table and looked around only to be met by their annoyed facial expressions.

"Do you have no respect?" Iwaizumi asked. "Me and Hanamaki were having a serious conversation. Use the little dignity you have and respect our private space"

"Bold of you to assume I have dignity. Anyway, it's lunch time!" Oikawa exclaimed happily and started rummaging through his bag, searching for his bento box.

"Why am I friends with you?" Iwaizumi sighed before opening up his lunch box and admiring the little sausage octopus that his sister had put in his box.

"You know, on another hand, I'm not that hungry. I'm way too stressed about the upcoming match that if I start eating I won't stop" Oikawa suddenly said and dragged his backpack off the table, Hanamaki laughed at him and the two continued on the conversation.

However, Iwaizumi knew. He knew that Oikawa never ate breakfast and always ate lunch at school because he would be genuinely hungry.  Oikawa could never eat in the mornings, he would only drink some water, for some odd reason Oikawa would gag at the simplest thought of food in the morning.

Iwaizumi sighed loudly, "that idiot just can't say that he forgot his lunch..." he thought. He glanced at the other who was still talking with Hanamaki. Every few seconds his eyes would dart to Hanamaki's lunch and he'd gulp, lick his lips and fidget his fingers.

Oikawa noticed Iwaizumi's lack of speaking and turned to him. "Iwa-chan, you're oddly quiet. What's up with that?"

"If you forgot your lunch, just say so." Iwaizumi said before pushing his bento box to Oikawa. Before the other could say anything, he stood up and quietly walked away to see what lunch the school was offering, he still had some money in his pocket from the last time this happened.

Oikawa stared at the food Iwaizumi had pushed towards him. Rice, tamagoyaki, little sausage octopi, cherry tomatoes and what looked like some karaage. For some odd reason tears started swelling up in Oikawa's eyes, Iwaizumi was too caring, he knew too much about him. How come Iwaizumi always put Oikawa first, was he really worth that much?

A couple of minutes later Iwaizumi came back to the table, holding a plate with pasta bolognese on it. His heart was hungry for the little sausage octopus, but feeding Oikawa was top priority. The other still had his head down, staring at the food.

"Eat up" Iwaizumi whispered as he gently put his hand on Oikawa's lower back. His thumb drew tiny circles, hitting the dimples on his back everytime. "You know I'd never let you go home hungry"

"Thank you..."

Oikawa quietly dug into the food, appreciating every bite. Iwaizumi's hand reassured him that everything is okay. Oikawa had not realized yet that no matter what happens Iwaizumi will always put him above everyone else.

Even Iwaizumi had no clue that when the times comes, he would give Oikawa the whole world.

"Iwaizumi, what are we?"

"Best friends, of course"