nine||dream

Best friends dream together.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Iwaizumi's eyes opened in an instant and he felt his heart beat jump up. Oh, those silly dreams making reality seem awful. It took him a few seconds before he finally sighed and rubbed his eyes. Oikawa was sleeping next to him, he said it was a sleepover, but in the end Oikawa fell asleep first and Iwaizumi had to put him to bed.

Rays of moonlight peaked through the curtains, falling gently on Oikawa's face. Iwaizumi didn't even notice how his hand reached out and touched the sleeping one's cheek. So soft and warm, a smile crept on Iwaizumi's face.

The night sky was perfect, almost like a fairytale. The moon was crescent shaped, there were a few small clouds in the sky and millions of stars. The wide cosmos are addicting, one could look at them for hours, but Iwaizumi found Oikawa's face much more beautiful.

It seemed to have woken the other up and Oikawa's eyes slowly opened. For a moment there they stared at each other without moving or saying a word. Then as Iwaizumi was about to pull his hand away Oikawa reached out and pressed it against his cheek. He leaned into Iwaizumi's cold hand, enjoying the moment as it was.

After what seemed like a few minutes Oikawa finally let go and sat up, looking straight into Iwaizumi's eyes - trying to find the answer to the questions that he had.

"Why are you up?" Oikawa asked in a soft voice.

"Had a dream about you..." Iwaizumi spoke with a sudden wave of confidence.

"What happened in the dream?"

"We were walking in the park together, enjoying our after noon. We were smiling and laughing and then..."

"Then what?" Oikawa tilted his head on the side.

"Nevermind, don't worry about it"

"You know..." Oikawa trailed off. "I think I had the same dream..."

Iwaizumi's eyes widened. Could it be? Is that even possible?

Oikawa crawled closer to the other, their faces only a few centimetres apart. "Didn't we kiss?"

"I... uh..." Iwaizumi blushed, he felt embarrassed but that was the truth. They did kiss in his dream, yet how did Oikawa know?, "Yeah... we did"

A moment of silence followed his words, but Oikawa didn't want to spare another moment as he leaned in and softly pressed his lips against Iwaizumi's, unsure of how the other would respond.

Iwaizumi overheated. That was the end of him and he knew it. There was no more holding back, no more confusion - his feelings were as clear as day. He gratefully accepted the kiss and leaned into it, wrapping his strong arms around Oikawa's waist.

The whole thing felt like a dream. A dream they both dreamt together.

Somewhere in between the soft kisses Oikawa pulled away and look at Iwaizumi with hazy eyes. "What are we?"

"I think we're best friends...but I'm not sure anymore"