Ten

Alex in MM

          Driving on a back road with Duke headed to his grandparents house out in the country

          Driving on a back road with Duke headed to his grandparents house out in the country. I looked out the window in a peaceful daze as I stared up at the pretty blue sky and the beauty of the fields and pastures we passed with cows and horses standing around.

With my arm hanging out the window, I let the wind dance around my skin as I smiled in content. Closing my eyes I let the sound of Corrine Bailey Rae angelic voice from her song, "Like a Star," fill my ears.

Glancing over at Duke, I smiled. "This is why I love the country, look at all that land and the views." I gushed.

Smiling back, he nodded but didn't say anything in return. Since we got up this morning he's been very quiet than normal, I tried respecting his silence but now I was starting to get a little concerned.

After we finished watching Waiting to Exhale and he ended up crashing on me from being too high, I went back to my room. So, I didn't think he was mad at me or anything, but then again maybe he was.

Maybe, I shouldn't have gave him that edible. What if he's feeling sick because of it? Should I say something?

Staring at him from the corner of my eye, I tried reading his facial expressions but they weren't much help. He didn't look upset nor did he even really look happy, maybe he's sad?

Reaching over I turned the radio down causing him to look at me. "Are you okay? You've been really quiet since this morning." I pointed out.

Clearing his throat, he put his focus back on the road before mumbling, "I'm fine."

However, I wasn't stupid. Usually when people say they're fine, they're everything but that. Clearly something was bothering him and he's just not telling me.

Continue to stare at him, I folded my arms. "I know you are, but we aren't talking about your looks right now. What's wrong with you emotionally or I guess mentally?"

When I saw he almost cracked a smile, I smiled but it soon dropped when he stopped smiling. "Alex, everything is fine. Nothing is wrong with me." He replied still not looking at me.