Chapter One

A/N:

So I started writing this and then stopped for a hot minute and then re-read what I wrote and hated it, so I'm re-writing everything and making major changes. This time it will be in Third Person for most of it.

Enjoy?!

*****

Tony Stark stalked down the ramp and towards the strawberry blonde not all too far away.

Rhodey shook his head, laughing, and ordered the medics away. A flash of blonde caught his attention from across the lot. Turning to look he got caught in the bright blue eyes of a once old friend.

"Bella? What are you doing here?" He grinned yanking her into a hug that lifted her off her feet. The blonde laughed brightly.

"Pepper called me when she got word that he was gonna be landing in the states." Her voice was silvery, bubbly, and bright. Like a winding stream with too many curves for it to run to slow. "How's the army been treating you?"

Rhodey shrugged. "Couldn't be worse couldn't be better."

The two made light conversation unaware of the eyes that had landed on them as they made their way to the other side of the base.

"Yeah, vacations over. Who's she?" Tony nodded towards the blonde watching her over Pepper's shoulder.

Pepper glanced back catching what he was looking at. "Arabella Laker. A friend of mine and a very, very good doctor. Figured you'd want to meet her."

"Already have. Why's she here?"

"Because I know you, you won't go to the hospital, so I called her and asked her to stay with you for a few months."

Tony crunched his face up for a moment before sliding into the back of the car. "What? Why? I'm fine."

"Just in case," Pepper smiled and slipped in not he other side. Tony shot a look. "Give her a chance. You might like her."

"I know I will. I ever tell you about my high school years?" Tony looked back out the window to watch Arabella quickly stitching up someone's leg.

"Where to, boss?" Happy caught his eyes in the rear view mirror. Tony opened his mouth to reply, repeatedly glancing back at the doctor.

Pepper beat him to it. "Burger King."

Tony grinned. "I love it when you take control like that. Makes me feel all tingly."

Pepper chuckled, shoving his shoulder, and rolled her eyes before focusing back on the file in her lap.

"Call a press conference, will you?"

Her eyes snapped back up to Tony's as the My pulled out towards the highway. "What on earth for?"

Tony shrugged with his uninsured shoulder. "You'll see."

***

Ding!

Pepper felt a grin spread across her face as she jumped up to rush towards the door. Yanking it open the strawberry blonde dragged a familiar doctor into a tight hug. "Bella!"