Sniffles ~ ZH x CB

"Hey Zach we're going out to lunch, you coming?" Corbyn asks as he opens the door enough to pop his head in my room. I groan, not liking the loudness of his voice. It was not helping my headache.

"No... no I don't want to go anywhere." I manage out, my voice hoarse from my scratchy throat. The blonde frowns, opening the door wider.

"You okay?" Why was he not gone yet? I just wanted to be left alone.

"I don't feel good." I manage out before I sniffle. God my nose was driving me nuts. One minute it's stuffed, the next it's runny and then I just can't breathe.

"Is it a cold or like the flu or-" I couldn't take it. I just wanted it to be quiet so my head would stop hurting.

"A cold- god Corbyn just leave please." I whimper, nuzzling into my pillow. I hated being sick. I just felt so gross and horrible.

"Okay- Okay. I'll let you rest." He leaves the room, closing the door quietly, much to my pleasure. I didn't mean to sound rude, I actually felt quite bad. I couldn't help the tears pricking my eyes as guilt set in. I wanted to apologize, but the second I weakly sat up, I could hear Jack's Jeep pulling out of the drive away. They left.

I figured since I already sat up I could go down and find some medicine in the kitchen. Yes the kitchen, we have a big medicine box we keep in the cabinet. I wrap a blanket around myself before leaving my room. I felt weak and drained and well now upset, as I shuffled down the stairs. I sniffle as my feet hit the floor, my achy body making its way to the kitchen. However I pause when I see a familiar blonde making what looked like coffee. He goes to grab something from the cabinet when he sees me, smiling softly.

"Go ahead and lay on the couch bub. Your tea is almost ready." He says softly, grabbing the honey from the cabinet. I blush, sniffling before doing as he says.

I lay on the couch, seeing a box of tissues and a small trashcan next to it. Did he do this? I glance at the blonde as he grabs the medicine and walks over to me.

"Here's some tea, and some DayQuil. Figured it'd help." Once again my face heats up and I don't know what to say. I take a sip of the tea, sighing softly at the way it soothes my throat. I quickly take the medicine before glancing at the blonde who sat beside me.

"I'm sorry about earlier. My head hurt a-and-" He cuts me off, smiling.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I look at my lap, picking at my blanket.

"Are you hungry? Do you want some soup?" I blush, shaking my head. I take another sip of my tea before an involuntary yawn leaves my lips.

"C'mere bubba." He says quietly, patting his chest.

"But you'll get sick." He just smiles.

"I don't care." My blush deepens before I cuddle up to the blonde, closing my eyes.

"I thought you were getting food." I mumble tiredly, the boy pulling the blanket over our bodies.

"You are more important. Now rest bubba. I'll be here when you wake up." I nod, snuggling up to him some more before I slowly but surly fall asleep, the blonde running his fingers through my hair.

<><><><><><><><><>

A request! A Zorbyn sick fic ((: honestly I feel like Zach is really soft and cuddly when sick

A request! A Zorbyn sick fic ((: honestly I feel like Zach is really soft and cuddly when sick. Ya feel? Coincidentally I'm sick too so 😂