Chapter Eight

Lauren's POV

         I take a sip of my coffee, listening to Johnny talk. "Annie and I are finally friends again. Only...I still have feelings for her, Laur. But, she's in some sort of relationship with Carson. I really don't want to ruin that too, so I guess I'll just keep my feelings to myself..."
          I sigh, twisting the ring on my finger, "I wish I could tell you different, but I'm pretty sure Anns is head over heels for Carson. I'm not certain but I wouldn't try and pursue her, at least not right away. Give her time, then maybe overtime, you guys will get closer and something might happen. Just don't rush into anything."
          Johnny whines about Annie for a little longer, before moving on from the subject. "So...how are things in L.A?" I look away from the computer screen and glance out the window. I finally drag my gaze back to the screen, meeting John's eyes. "Well, to be honest it's kind of crazy. Jayden was here the other day and she and Hayden had a huge fight. I hung out with Lilia, we went to the mall, and we ran into Carson. He was shopping for something for Annie, but that's all I know."
            I frown when Johnny flinches at the mention of Carson's name. "John, you and Carson are best friends. Shouldn't you at least tell him about how you feel about Annie? I think he deserves to know, so it doesn't come in between your friendship."
           He shrugs, half heartedly smiling, "Nah. They're both head over heels for each other, I don't want to ruin that."
           Johnny exhales and says, "I'm promised Annie I'd go to a party with her, so I gotta go and get ready." He runs a hand through his hair, before saying goodbye and ending our FaceTime call.
           I shut my laptop, softly sighing. While John may have made up with Annie, I still haven't. We've been at odds since she left and our last phone call, ended up with her hanging up on me. We exchanged some harsh words and now everything is off between us.
           Jayden and Annie are also add odds, while Lilia seems to be one of the only L.A friends, Annie has left. She's been getting more and more distant lately, like something is different.
           My phone buzzes and I pick it up, surprised by the caller ID. I cautiously pick up, as I brace my self for the worst, "Um, Hey...Annie."
           There's a short pause before she replies, "Hi. I didn't know who else to call and I really need some advice." I bite my lip, unsure of how I'll reply.
           "Look, I know things are weird between us, but I really need someone to talk to." She shakily exhales, "I'm sorry about earlier and I didn't mean what I said. I was stressed and I just need someone to talk to."
            I hesitantly say, "I'm sorry too. What's going on?" All of sudden, Annie starts crying as she tearfully pours out her heart.
           "I just found out Jayden and Hayden were secretly dating without me knowing. Jayden hates me and no longer trusts me, and honestly, I don't trust her either. There is this big mess with Carson and now, I-I-there's another person to add to this big mess." She takes a deep breath before continuing, "Ever heard of Asher Angel? I've been hanging out with him recently and I think he may be falling for me. But, Lauren...I'm scared I might be falling for him, too."
           I shake my head as I slowly say, "Wow. I see why you're stressed. I'm sorry if I made it worse." She sniffs and softly whispers, "It Just feels like everything's falling apart and like I'm losing control of my life."
          She ruefully laughs, "As if that wasn't enough, I still have the tour mess, hanging over my head." She sighs, "I guess what I wanted advice was about what to do. I like Carson, I really do, but how do I know still like him? How do I know if I don't just like Asher, but if I like him?"
          I bite my lip, "Honestly, I'm not sure what you should do. It all depends on how you feel, but if you don't know, that makes it pretty difficult."
          There's a few muffled voices before Annie says, "Well, I guess I'll figure it out later. Katie's making me go to a party and I'm dragging John, along. I need to finish getting ready, so I guess I should hang up." She says goodbye and ranks me before hanging up. 
           I fall backwards onto my bed, sighing tiredly. My whole life seems to be a confusing mess, but it's probably nothing compared to Annie's is, right now.