Chapter Five

Austin's POV

I hear noises coming from downstairs, so I roll over and check my clock. 10:30 A.M, it reads. I shake my head, but get out of bed anyway. As I walk out into the hallway, Maddie comes out of her room too. She shrugs and starts downstairs. I follow behind her, sleepily rubbing my eyes.
Kenzie's downstairs with our parents, nodding and listening to instructions. "Oh, good you two are awake." They say as Maddie and I join them. They turn to us, reading off a list of instructions. "Just make sure to follow them and don't forget you can call us if you need to. There's food in the refrigerator, and extra money in the jar for takeout." They turn to Maddie, "Don't forget you're in charge, not them. Trust you instinct and make sure they don't do anything they'll regret." Maddie nods and wraps an arm around my shoulder and Kenzie's, "I'll keep an eye on them."
Just as they're about to go, they suddenly stop. "Oh, and don't forget Annie's coming tomorrow. Behave yourselves and make sure she feels welcome." Mom kisses each of our cheeks, before heading out the door.
I look at Kenzie and Maddie and say, "I'm going back to sleep." They roll their eyes as they head into the kitchen. I head back upstairs, going back to bed.

•••••••••••

The next day, as I finish my grilled cheese, I hear the doorbell ring. Kenzie and Maddie come running downstairs, while I calmly finish my sandwich. I wipe my mouth with a napkin, before heading over to the door. Kenzie and Maddie are gushing over Annie, as I lean against the doorway of the kitchen. She sees me and smiles, "Hey Austin!" I nod in greeting and let Maddie and Kenzie continue to gush over her.
I look closer and notice she's got highlights now, and that her hair is cut shorter than it was before. Her hair is wavy, and it looks like she grew. I walk over to her, and she pulls me into a hug. "Hey Austin. I've missed you!" I hug her back, before backing up. She's got on a navy blue dress with white polka dots, and her dress has thin straps. She's wearing white converse, and she has her phone in hand. She's got a polka dot headband too, to match her dress.

Annie comes out of Kenzie's room, her phone presses against her ear. She's deep in conversation, as she absently brushes by me to get downstairs. I hear bits of her conversation, "I just don't want to. I already told him no, Hayley." Then, "It's my decision and besides, Jayden and I aren't-" Finally, "Carson and I are a mess. Oh, Lauren told Lilia, John and I-" Her words fade away as she reaches the bottom of the stairs.
         I walk into Kenzie's room and she looks at me. "Hey baby bro." I roll my eyes, "Ok, you're older by two minutes, not two years." Kenzie laughs, "It's two minutes and forty seven seconds, ding dong." I shove her and she rolls over and off her bed. She groans from the floor, "Ugh, I hate you."
         She pulls herself back onto the bed before diving across it, knocking me down. This time I groan, while she smirks. Annie walks back in, raised eyebrows. "Do I want to know?" She asks, stepping over me. I prop myself up with my elbow, remaining on the floor. "Kenzie started it." Kenzie protests and sends a pillow my way. "Oof." I mutter, throwing it back at her.
       Annie laughs and offers me her hand, "C'mon on Austin, up you go." She pulls me up, and ruffles my hair. "Ok, now that I helped you, get out." I protest but she rolls her eyes, "Girl talk." I make a gagging noise as I say, "Oh, I'm out." She laughs and says, "See? Now get out." She pushes me out of the room, shutting the door. "Send Maddie in while you're at it." She calls from behind the closed door.

Hayden's POV

        I sit on the stage, watching Johnny pace around. He turns to me, "What was I thinking?" I glance at Lauren, who shrugs and mouths, Your problem, not mine. I shift uncomfortably, "Um, John...we're talking about my ex. I mean I get what she means. I really wasn't crazy about the idea of touring with Annie." I glance at him, realizing something, "Bro, you like her."
The words hang in the air and I glance over at Lauren, who's eyes are wide. Johnny says nothing and instead he turns and stalks out of the room.
Lauren clears her throat, "That's been a sore spot for him and for Annie. There were some misunderstandings and I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons Annie quit." She shakes her head, "Hayden, what were you thinking?" I groan, "I don't know! But it's pretty clear he likes her." Lauren smiles sadly, "Maybe, but he'd never do anything about it." She sighs, "Besides, there's also Carson to think about, not just John." My eyebrows shot up, "Are all my friends falling for my ex?" She shrugs, "Maybe, but eventually you're going to have to move on. So will she."
       I jump off the stage and walk out the doors. Lauren told me the truth, but it doesn't mean I wanted to hear it. I haven't moved on, I tried to. Jayden texted me one day, and we've been texting since, but it turned out Jayden had been texting me without Annie knowing. I felt bad because I unintentionally hurt Annie...again.
      I sit down on a picnic table, staring out at the passing traffic. Lauren joins me outside and says, "They sent me out here to show you this." She shakes her head, "You better hope they can convince Annie to rejoin the tour." I look at the posters and realize these are our tour posters...and Annie's on both of the posters. But....she quit....

she quit

+++++++++++Those tour poster took FOREVER to make!  I wanted them to look as realistic as they could

+++++++++++
Those tour poster took FOREVER to make!  I wanted them to look as realistic as they could.
So I basically wasted my time on the posters rather than the actual chapter.
It will get better from here though. Johannie is on the RISE. Well, in this they are.
Btw, on the posters their names are "written" on top of their pictures...it's supposed to be their signatures! Anyway...the next chapter will be better I promise! Thanks for reading y'all!
(Ignore my awful posters though!)
Xo, Brin ♥︎