Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Percy’s POV

                “Well that’s a little depressing” I grumbled. Kronos merely chuckled; something that is unusual for him. “I find it ironic. Your greatest enemy.. Now your closest friend?” We pondered that thought for a minute before Kronos mentally snapped his fingers to get my ADHD mind back on track. “Well-“Kronos began. “Back to the destroying any ties thing” I said dryly.

                “Where is a place you hold dear to your heart?” Kronos asked. I mentally replied “Camp Half- Blood” “I knew it would be that wretched place” Kronos sighed. “Why do you ask?” I asked. “That will be the place we will do the process” Kronos said simply. “What process?!” I asked, exasperated. “In order for us to begin the host process, you must renounce your family and loved ones.” “And just how will we do that?” I asked. “With the necklace around your neck and the flower in your pocket” Kronos clarified.

Annabeth’s  POV

Chiron had decided to IM Poseidon, so now the entire godly family was squeezed into the tiny Poseidon cabin. We were still keeping an eye on Percy; so far nothing new has happened. “What is the meaning of this-“Zeus said loudly before being shushed by Thalia. He gave her a look that clearly said “How dare you disrespect your father like that!” But Thalia wasn’t paying attention. She, like me, was staring intently at the screen.

                “Where is a place you hold dear to your heart?” Kronos asked Percy. Percy tilted his head and seemed to be thinking. “I knew it would be that wretched place” Kronos sighed. What “Wretched place” could he mean? “Why do you ask?” Percy asked. “That will be the place we will do the process” Kronos said simply. “What process?!” Percy asked, seeming exasperated. “In order for us to begin the host process, you must renounce your family and loved ones.” I choked and Poseidon looked pained, glancing at Chiron. “And just how will we do that?” I asked. “With the necklace around your neck and the flower in your pocket” Kronos clarified. I saw Percy subconsciously reach for his camp bead necklace. But what could the flower be?

                “And what are we going to do with them?” Percy asked stiffly. “Were going to burn them at the place you hold closest to your heart” Kronos explained. We all glanced around at each other; where could this place be? “Well can I at least get a night’s sleep before we set out on this perilous journey?” Percy complained. “Fine. We will set out in the morning” Kronos reasoned. Percy layed back and closed his eyes. “Night, gramps” Percy mumbled. Every demigod in the cabin burst out laughing; receiving dirty looks from the Gods.

                Since Percy was currently sleeping, we all decided to have a meeting inside the cabin. “What do you propose we do about my…son” Poseidon had to force the last word out. “Well isn’t it obvious?” My mother Athena said disdainfully. She hated being in a cabin that worshiped her rival. “We execute him. Therefore ridding the world of Kronos new host” “That’s my son!” Poseidon argued. “Your son has gone over to the dark side, Poseidon. No saving the little punk now” Ares put in his two cents. “May I remind you all my boy.. Luke” Hermes forced out his name. “Was able to be persuaded to rejoin us, in the end. Maybe there is hope for young Percy too” Athena looked doubtful, but she nodded her head. “I guess we will just have to keep an eye-““Wait hold up” Thalia interrupted the maiden Goddess. “How did Percy get this way anyway? What caused him to join Kronos?” “Nobody here knows-“Poseidon began. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. “I do” Apollo suddenly spoke out. Everyone turned towards him. “You all did” He clarified. “What do you mean..?” Zeus began when Apollo touched Poseidon, and surprisingly me, on the fore head.

_______________________________________________________________________________

FLASH BACK 1 month after the war, 3RD PERSON

                Percy was so happy. He had decided to take an architecture class so he could finally talk too Annabeth without being a complete idiot. He ran to the beach, knowing Annabeth would be there. He saw the beautiful halo of blond hair and smiled; this would be perfect. “Wise Girl!” He shouted out. Annabeth turned. “Hi” She seemed timid; stunning gray eyes darting every which way. “Whoa Wise Girl, why so timid?” Percy smiled, laying a gentle hand on her shoulder. Annabeth quickly shrugged it off. “No reason. Look, Percy. I got to go. See you later!” She took off down the beach, her blond hair waving in the wind when Percy noticed something; she wasn’t wearing the promise ring she gave him after the war.

This was the beginning of the end

FLASH BACK, 2 MONTHS AFTER THAT, 3RD PERSON
                Percy was lying on his bed, eyes closed tightly. “O Iris Goddess of the Rainbow. Show me Sally Jackson” He tossed the coin in the air and it disappeared. Sally Jackson appeared through what seemed to be thin air. She was playing with a baby with stunning kaleidoscope eyes, like hers. Paul came over and wrapped his arm around her proudly. “Honey I found this-“Paul gestured towards an array of Greek knives; Sally instantly paled. “Get rid of them! It’s been nice without monsters attacking us” She scoffed. This seemed to be completely unlike Sally. Percy turned away from the image of his mom and drew his sword. He slashed the blade through the misty image of the family he knew he would never have.

FLASH BACK, 6 MONTHS AFTER THE WAR, 3RD PERSON

                Percy was sitting on the beach; watching the waves crash and glide onto the sand. “Why won’t you answer me?” Percy muttered, staring at the sky. “Dad!” He called. “Poseidon! Please!” He cried desperately. “Why is it my life has turned like this? Help me Poseidon! Hestia! Hermes! Apollo! Anybody? Is anyone there?” After a moment’s pause, Percy collapsed on the sand. Shaking, he took his sword and caressed it. “And I can’t even die” To prove his point, he stabbed himself in the arm, giving a sudden cry of pain when the blade sinks in (I’m going to change it to where Percy had known he wasn’t invincible anymore. Sorry if it confuses anyone but it fits the story more) Gripping his bleeding arm, Percy shakily stands, heading towards the water. Stopping short of entering, he gives a second thought. “I won’t rely on the Gods anymore” He grits his teeth.

ALL FLASH BACKS ENDS

___________________________________________________________________________________

                I reel back from Apollo’s hand. “What has he shown you?!” Athena demands, gripping her daughters arm. I turn to Poseidon, my eyes leaking with sympathy. Poseidon doesn’t acknowledge me; instead staring straight ahead at the sleeping image of his son. “Mom!” Percy, still appearing to be sleeping, cries out on the screen. Every God and Demigod (and satyr) turn to the screen. “Annabeth! Poseidon! Grover! Chiron! Thalia! Nico!” When each of their names is called, every person pales. “Help me” Percy moans. Thalia stands, drawing her bow as if she can shoot who dares mess with her friend. Grover puts a hand on her arm with a pained look.

                “We must act now” Zeus proclaims. Even he seemed to have pity for the writhing boy on the screen. We all nodded our heads.

                Leaving the cabin for the first time in hours, I head to the Big House with my mom; It was time to think of a plan.