Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Percy’s POV

                I sat up; wiping the sleep out of my eyes. I recalled last night which.. Wasn’t so good. Right before I fell asleep I heard the voices that haunt my dreams; voices of my old family and friends. I couldn’t understand what they were saying very well, but I remember hearing one phrase; “Percy.. Must… Save” I must save what? “You idiot” Kronos warmly greets me in the morning. “They were just dreams and nothing more” I frowned. They had seemed like a lot more than just dreams. “Do you doubt your choice boy?” Kronos growled. I flinched that stood up straighter. “No I do not. Let Olympus burn and die” I said stiffly. Kronos seemed satisfied and let the matter drop. “We better start moving if we are to do the ceremony in time” Kronos said. “Where to?” I asked, dreading the answer.

Camp Half-Blood. If you walk quickly we ought to make it there in 2 hours”

                2 hours?! All this time, we’ve been two hours away from Ann- I mean, our enemies? “You do not need to go halfway across the globe to hide from foes; that’s where they expect you to go. You merely need to hide in the place they least expect you to; barely 20 miles away from them.” Kronos offered this piece of wisdom and I rolled my eyes. “And what if they track you down, huh gramps? Gives you less time to get away!” Kronos ignored me and continued mapping out our distance. After hearing nothing for a few minutes, I gave an exasperated sigh. “Why don’t I just take a bus? It will be much quicker” I offered. Kronos recoiled. “Ugh, mortal transportation. Fine, if you must”

                After getting Lord- O- Gramps himself permission, I waited at the stop for the nearest bus to arrive. A bright yellow bus with the logo “Sunny Shine Travel!” rolled up next to the curb. Waiting in line, I was the last one to board. I attempted to sneak past the driver but he had eyes like a hawk. Well, from what I could see through his sun glasses; why he was wearing them I don’t know, it was a cloudy day.  “Son, don’t worry about a ticket” He waved his hand. “Just be sure… Make the right choices. Are you sure you want to go on this journey?” He emphasized his words and removed his sunglasses, revealing orangish brown irises. He did seem to have a... Godly aura around him. I tensed from suspicion before he added. “Wouldn’t you rather go to the new street over there? Plenty of stuff for young people as yourself” He gestured and smiled, attempting to hide the troubled look in his eyes. I forced a smile and shook my head. “No thank you sir” I headed into the back seat and sat.

                “What was that all about?” I muttered to myself. Meanwhile, Kronos was hissing some… Not so nice words in my mind. “Just forget that foolish God, Perseus” Kronos instructed. I began to argue. “But... Who was it?” “He will soon be down in Tatarus” Kronos growled. I guess that was his form of comforting himself. “There, there boy” I mentally patted him on the back. “Oh shut up Jackson

_________________________________________________________________________--

Annabeth’s POV

                “Yes daughter that should work” I consulted with Athena, my mother, about the amount of weapons we shall need. I turned around when Athena called out. “Daughter, come” I reluctantly walked towards my mother. Don’t get me wrong, I love her because, well, she’s my mom. But when Athena gets into battle strategy mode; she means business.

                “Much like you” Athena told me, reading my thoughts. I blushed, and then composed myself. “So what are we going to do about Percy?” I asked her. Athena frowned. “Annabeth, I was hoping that you could answer that” Her grey eyes bore into mine, and I realized something with a start; Athena didn’t have a plan. “No I have come up with many plans. Just the outcome of each proves to have many… casualties” She eyed me. I realized with a chill what and who she meant “Yes Annabeth. Many demigods will have to die” She said solemnly. I felt a chill go down my side and realized; this was a lot like the Titan War. “Except then we had Percy” I thought bitterly. The chances of us winning now are very slim.  

“But were they not slim in the last Titan War as well Annabeth?” Athena reminded her. I nodded. But the probabilities- “You know, I am not just the symbol for “smart people” as many demigods put it” Athena scoffed. “I am the Goddess of Wisdom. An entirely different thing” I must have had a confused look because Athena went on. “Anyone can be smart; it just takes learning useless facts and memorizing unnecessary information. But being wise is you know more than book learning. For example, smart” She lifted her fingers and did quotation marks. “People would call miracles impossible, saying their illogical. But wise people know, as proven in the Titan War, they are possible and can happen. So don’t give up hope Annabeth” She smiled and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. After a moment’s pause she began to type on her computer again. I turned to leave, taking this as a dismissal.

  “Oh and Annabeth?” I turned my head. “Yes mother?” “You will know what must be done when the time comes. Do not let your heart overpower your mind” Athena said gravely. Tears forming in my eyes, I slowly nodded yes. I watched as my mother get a more relaxed posture and avert her eyes back to the laptop; she knew I would follow through.  

Since all the battle preparations were set, I decided to head towards the beach; Percy’s favorite, or used to be favorite, spot. Sitting down on the giant rock, sort of looked like a mini Zeus fist, I began to think; what had really gotten Percy to leave? I sort of breaking up with him wouldn’t have done it. “Annabeth, that played a huge role. But it was not just you” A feminine voice said over my shoulder.

I turned, expecting to find stormy grey eyes and the noble figure of my mother. Instead, I see a rather awkward girl with frizzy red hair and a passion for drawing on her clothes. “Hey Rachel” I grinned sheepishly, embarrassed I had been thinking out loud.  Ever since Rachel became the Oracle (and therefore was not allowed to date) I had suddenly become great friends with her. Gee, I wonder why.

She sat down next to me. “Rachel, I don’t know what to do” I mumbled, then recoiled. I am a- “A daughter of Athena that doesn’t know what to do? Shocking” Rachel sucked her cheeks in and put her hands on her face, making a horrified expression. (see the painting the scream for a proper picture) Then her face went slack. A blank expression took over her face, and her already green eyes lit even more.

One is Gold, One is Green

Unsuspected help, comes from one single bean

The signal of smoke brings panic and despair

As the soul of one Demi God begins to tear

Wisdoms daughter must make the choice

But the guidance of the Bow gives her voice

                I caught Rachel as she slumped forward, nearly tumbling off the rock. As Rachel stirred, I thought about the prophecy. It’s obvious I need to make a choice, but a bow gives me voice? Must be an Apollo kid. The question is… who? “What did I miss?” Rachel seemed unsurprised to wake up In my arms. I helped her up and face towards the ocean. “You gave a prophecy. We need to tell Chiron”