Chapter 46: Tracy

Start from the beginning

Including me.

"Nathaniel, my man," Aaron exclaims, moving towards the boy with his hand outstretched, causing Nathaniel to divert his attention away from me. "What's up?"

Nathaniel pushes off the doorway and clasps Aaron's hand as they do one of those bro hugs.

"Not much, dude. See you got yourself a girl," he says, jerking his head in my direction, his eyes briefly scanning me before he directs his attention back to Aaron.

Aaron turns to me, a grin on his face. "Yeah," he breathes out. "I did."

Nathaniel rolls his eyes. "Gag."

Whoa.

I like this kid.

Aaron chuckles. "Of course you would, Cassie. He's just like you."

I smile sheepishly. "Said that out loud?"

Nathaniel smirks at me. "I'm guessing you do that a lot."

My sheepish smile grows as Kayla pushes her face into my leg, vibrating with laughter.

Aaron smiles at me, and his eyes crinkle at the sides in the way I love, his dimples on display.

One of these days, I'm going to poke them.

"Cassie, is it?" Nathaniel asks me, and Aaron immediately smacks him upside the head.

"It's Cass," he growls. "Actually, Cassandra is fine. Even better," he adds. "How about you not speak to her at all?"

I roll my eyes. "Chill, Aaron." I look at Nathaniel. "Cass is fine. Nathaniel, right?"

He shakes his head in protest. "Nate."

I smile. "It's nice to meet you, Nate."

He nods. "Same."

"Okay," a high, and very annoying, voice calls out. "Now that that's over, why don't we get back to what's important."

Everyone stares at Tracy, and she rolls her eyes in annoyance.

I swear I'm about to hit her.

"Aaron," she purrs, moving closer and placing a hand suggestively on his chest. "Let's go back to my house. We can...have some fun, like we used to."

My temper flares, a volcano on the verge of erupting, liquid fire racing through my veins, but a calm and collected voice cools me down.

"Fuck off, Trace. Go find another guy to open your legs for."

Nathaniel says it straight-faced, but you can hear the hate clear as day in his voice.

Why does he hate her if they're related?

Tracy scoffs and stomps away, shoving past Nate and slamming the door shut behind her.

Nate smirks at Aaron. "Haven't pissed her off in so long." His voice is lighter now that Tracy's gone. More carefree than it was before. "Felt good."

Aaron rolls his eyes, but smiles nonetheless. "You're an ass, you know that?"

Nate's smirk grows. "Sounds like someone else I know."

Aaron playfully wraps his arm around Nate's neck and starts to rub his knuckles against his hair, and Nate struggles to remove himself from Aaron's hold, laughs bursting past his lips.

Kayla giggles from against my side, and I look down at her to see her watching the exchange between Nate and Aaron with a smile on her face as I brush my hand over her brown hair.