Epilogue III - Special

Start from the beginning

*Christmas Eve*

Luke couldn't fall asleep that night, he couldn't stop thinking of the fact that Michael wouldn't be there with him for the majority of the day and all it did was kept him up. Yet here he was sleeping next to Luke.

Luke stood up from the bed and walked towards the living room. He sat down on the couch, ignoring the small whimpers coming from his mouth and the tears strolling down his cheeks. His knees pulled up to his chin as he wrapped a blanket around his cold body as he watched the two a.m. shows.

"Luke?" Michael yawned as he walked in the room. He went wide eyed when he saw Luke on the couch. "Aw, Luke, what's the matter?" Michael sat down on the couch and wrapped his arms around Luke. Luke never answered the question, Michael didn't press either. He had a good idea of what it was. Instead, Michael picked Luke up off the couch and walked back to the bedroom, laying Luke on the bed he crawled next to him. Luke cried silently onto Michael's chest as he sang softly, something Michael had done once before and it made Luke happy.

Eventually Luke fell back asleep, and at 6 AM Michael climbed out of bed. However, he was not going to work. He never was.

Instead Michael laid out presents and made hot chocolate for him and Luke along with cookies as a movie played on the television. Michael sat patiently until eventually Luke stumbled out, he glanced and Michael and didn't say anything at first but after a double take he stood wide eyes.

"Yeah I lied." Michael smiled and Luke dove onto him and kissed his entire face.

"You're so mean!" Luke laughed as he pulled back. He noticed he was currently sitting on Michael's lap but didn't really care.

"C'mon I got you some stuff," Michael said as he lifted Luke off of him and onto the couch next to him. "By the way that's your cup." Luke picked up the warm glass and took a sip, instantly ending in Luke with foam all over his upset lip. A sight Michael couldn't help but laugh at.

Michael had given Luke every single one of his presents, and Luke was grateful for every one of them, but he knew his present beat Michael's. All of them.

"I'll fetch your present." Luke smiled as he stood up from the room, grabbed a long box and walked back to the living room.

"Cute wrapping paper." Michael chuckled, trying to ease off how nervous he was for Luke's gift. He honestly had no idea.

"It's nice." Luke frowned as Michael criticized the blue wrapping paper with little well dressed penguins on it.

"I know." Michael smirked

"So, for your awareness, I removed the item from it's original case but I still have possession of it for when you want to return it to it's original place." Luke smiled as he tilted back and forth and pushed the large box forward.

"Your wrapping is fantastic, by the way." Michael smiled. Michael's was torn up, several different sheets of paper, masses of tape. Luke's was perfect on every corner, every fold and every piece of tape was the perfect size. "Damn you perfectionists."

"Just open it silly." Luke giggled and leaned back as Michael tore open the paper and reviewed a brown box. "You can just lift the top off."

"I'm so nervous." Michael admitted.

"Open it!" Luke squealed and Michael removed the top, letting out a gasp.

Inside was a red and white electric guitar. Michael had talked about it before but this was more then he ever could've expected. Especially since on the guitar was 'Michael Clifford' lazer-engraved on the red.

"Luke.." Michael mumbled. He almost didn't want to touch it, it looked so perfect.

"You can use my amp." Luke pointed towards the corner where it sat next to Luke's guitars. Michael didn't say anything, just looked at it. "Oh..Do you not like it?"

"No!" Michael said to stop Luke's sad expression. "I love it. I just feel like it's so perfect I can't touch it."

"But I want you to play something." Luke pouted and Michael slowly took it out of the box and walked over to the amp while Luke waited with a large smile.

Michael played for nearly an hour, loving Luke's present but eventually sat it down.

"Luke how much did this cost?" Michael asked. "Seriously, how'd you afford this?"

"Mikey don't worry about it." Luke smiled. "I'm just glad it made you happy."

"Luke, any present from you is a good present." Michael smiled as he stood up from the chair and sat on the couch with Luke. "I love you, you're so wonderful."

"I love you as well." Luke said as he kissed Michael's nose.

"Merry Christmas!" Michael yelled before snuggling into Luke.

"Merry Christmas Mikey." Luke smiled into Michael's hair. "Merry Christmas."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

ONLY ONE MORE. OMG OMG.

This was cute af :)

Have a good day ;3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX