5 - Inside A School

The lonely become either thoughtful or empty. ~Mason Cooley

Michael's POV

I was going to take initiative and find Luke. I was going to do it.

It was now the period of lunch and so I didn't stick around in the cafeteria. Calum asked me where I was going an I said I was going to take a leak.

For a while I wandered around and thought Luke might not have been at school today, I even checked the school library, but Luke wouldn't seem like one to miss school.

I was just about to give up when I walked outside and saw Luke sitting against a tree with a small - not thin - book in one hand and a sandwich in the other.

"Luke!" I yelled and watched him jump and look around until he spotted me.

"Salutations Michael." He greeted as I sat in front of him. He continued to read and eat while I simply just kept looking at him. "Do you think," He began. "That it is odd for a character to sacrifice themselves for another, even when the primary character would have lived?"

"Aw you're talking books with me." I smiled and Luke rolled his eyes. "Um, well that depends. Did the character who sacrificed themselves die?"

"Yes."

"Well, it may seem kind of odd, but I'm sure the author just did it to kill off an unimportant character." I shrugged.

"Really? I believed the character was important." Luke said.

"Maybe to you, but maybe not to the story line." I said and watched Luke smile.

"You're actually more clever then I give you credit for Michael." Luke said as he set his book down. "But you are also foolish for coming and sitting with me."

"Luke, I don't care what other people think." I sighed.

"And therefore you have an honorable character." Luke nodded once. "I just do not quite understand why you would risk removing all of your good for me."

"Because you give more good than all of those idiots." I shrugged. "I like your company."

"I enjoy yours as well." Luke smiled.

"Now I have an important question."

"Speak it."

"When it gets cold or rainy, do you still eat out here?" I asked, gesturing to the area around us.

"No I eat in front of my locker." Luke said. "Otherwise why waste a perfectly beautiful day indoors?"

"That's true." I nodded.

"Of course it is. Look who you are speaking to, Michael." Luke smirked at me.

"You're very cocky, you know that?" I raised an eyebrow in question. It was a joke, I didn't expect Luke's smile to fade though. "Luke I'm joking."

"I.." Luke trailed off. "Oh it seems like lunch period has ended! Goodbye Michael!" Luke jumped up and sped away like he always does, I let out a sigh as I leaned against the tree for a moment before realizing that lunch didn't end for five more minutes. What was Luke doing leaving now? There was ten more minutes before the next class started.

"Luke you really are a mystery." I said aloud. I let out a sigh and finally stood up, heading back to the cafeteria for the last five minutes.

"Dude where have you been?" Calum asked.

"Outside because it's a perfectly beautiful day that should not be wasted." I smiled and Calum just blinked a few times.

"Okay then.." Calum said.

"Michael did you hit your head?" Vanessa asked.

"No, why?"

"Since when do you care about wasting a good day?" She scoffed.

"Um.. I don't know." I smiled as my face heated.

"Michael what is that look!" Calum laughed. "Don't tell me you got a girlfriend?"

"Or a boyfriend." Garret chimed in. They may have been judgmental people, but none of them cared that I was bisexual.

"Oh, no!" I squeaked and my face burned even more.

"Oh sure. What are they like?" Terri asked.

"Guys I'm not dating anyone." I sighed.

"But baby Mikey has a little crush." Calum pinched my cheeks and I slapped his hand away.

"I don't actually." I glared at him and was happy to hear the lunch bell sound and end lunch. And even more glad to be able to leave these obscene people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION:

So that was that.

Lol. We were decorating my house for Halloween.

You guys like Halloween? Do you celebrate it?

I like giving out candy more then going out and getting it tbh. I like all the little kids costumes :)

Anyways that's that. :3

Kisses ;*