'Uh, oh', I thought as I left the class with the assistant. He's a nice guy, funny and polite and efficient. The first thing he asked was 'happy to bunk class'.

I nodded my head sheepishly. Although, I was scared to be called to the headmaster's office though. He's not strict or anything but… I do have a reason to get detention or even suspended.

Yesterday, I started a food fight in the Cafeteria during lunch and also... kicked the vending machine because it was so slow like a slug. Actually as slow as a sloth.

As I racked my brain for a reason to be called for, I found myself standing in front of the headmaster's office. I prayed so hard that I shouldn't be in trouble because Aaron warned me that if I got into trouble for some silly reason, I was in for a good walloping.

I knocked on the headmaster's door and heard a soft 'come in'. With shaky hands, I pulled open the door and entered the posh and huge room. By the huge glass window sat our Headmaster and… my brother.

My first thought was that I was in big trouble and was gonna get my ass busted at home but after coming closer, I noticed that Aaron had red puffy eyes. He was crying.

That moment I knew that something was terribly wrong. My brother hardly cries… in fact, the only time I saw him cry was because of happiness. He's not the type to show emotions in public.

Aaron's POV

I saw my little sister Abi come in and I totally lost control of my emotions, again. I felt tears roll down my red and puffy eyes.

Abi looked shocked and confused but I wasn't able to answer her. She started panicking seeing me in that state and started shaking me asked stuff like 'what happened' 'why are you crying'.

How can I tell my little sister that our mom passed away in an accident this morning while returning home after dropping her at school?

No, she didn't.

I got a hold over myself and took in a deep breath. I had to stay strong for her. Who know's how she'll crumble if she keeps seeing me crying like a mad guy.

"Mom died on the way home in an accident, after dropping you off", I managed to tell her.

She gasped. Her face had a baffled expression which soon turned into a pale one and before I could say something, she fell down!

Luckily I caught her just in time. My sister fainted!

I carefully laid her on the floor and tried waking her up… she didn't. I then sprinkled some water on her little face in an attempt to wake her up, but she wouldn't budge.

After a few minutes of no response, I got concerned and drove her to the hospital. The same one in which mom was, but… she was in the morgue.

She isn't.

Just thinking about it made me cry. Somehow with tear brimmed eyes, I managed to drive safely to the hospital. My heart beat so fast. As if it would just beat right off my chest.

After reaching the hospital, I took her to the ER, where she was examined. I felt like fainting myself seeing her pale, limp body being pricked with needles.

Even though being a doctor, it always hurts to see someone motionless in a bed and your own sister in that place makes you feel so bad and so sorry.

Abi is like my... LIFE. My whole life revolves around her. I was always there for her. She thought of me as her second dad. I loved her to death.

After being examined and poked by needles so many times, Abi was kept under observation, and during that time I spoke to dad. I didn't get a chance to speak to him earlier because of my emotional state.

He said he'll be there in a few hours on the first flight he could get. That might take a while because of the festive season. What if all the flights are full? What if-  never mind. 

I had to contact all our relatives but my family is really big, and calling everyone would take… forever. So, I called all the close relatives. After all, news does spread like a forest fire.

Sadly, the news about mom's death spread even faster than I imagined and soon I started getting calls every minute and I was definitely not in the mood to speak to everyone so, I switched off my phone. I know it's rude but… I just couldn't.

Instead, I sat next to Abi and slowly ran my fingers through her soft hazelnut hair. She looked so peaceful. She looked like a little angel. Well, she actually was. She's the most innocent person ever. So small and fragile but… also naughty.

Hey guys!
How are you?
So… what are your thoughts on this chapter?
Do you like it? Do you feel like keep reading on?
Will you vote and comment on this chapter? Do you think it's worth your vote and comment?

Anyways, let me tell you. Keep reading. I believe in digging and taking out a treasure. In this case, keep reading a find out the truth… or at least half the truth.

Stay Safe
XOXO