Meet the psycho

To be honest, I don't even remember much of what happened on that day, but that kind of happens when you get your head slammed into a concrete floor hard enough to crack said floor, which is what I do remember. After that little event, I was apparently in a coma for around a week, but it felt like both one day, and over a month at the same time.

I opened my eyes and was in an endless expanse of white, with only two figures standing a distance away. They look identical, except for one had a mask and axe, and was a little twitchy, while the other didn't have a mask and was more calm looking. I tried to call out to them, but my voice never came out. They turned around and walked towards me, but their footsteps made no noise, it felt like I was in some weird hallucination instead of a coma.

"Hey kid, how exactly did you get here?" The mask less one asked me

"I-I don't know, I was caught in a fight, and then everything went black, and now I'm here. Who exactly are you anyway?" I asked, my voice barely coming out as a whisper

"Well, together the two of us are known as Krieg"

"WHAT THE GUY SAID!"

"He's a blood thirsty killing machine, and I'm the sane one that try's to prevent innocents from getting caught in his path"

"So... where are we exactly?" I said trying to remember the details of what in the hell is happening

"Oh right, welcome to the dead zone" the sane one said. For simplicity I'll just say their both named Krieg and the way they talk will explain who it is

"...huh?" I say having a silent mental breakdown

"Dead zone, a place that's not heaven, or hell, a place where both the extremely dead and only partially dead people go"

"ITS CONFUSING ME!"

"Wait... partially dead?" I ask still freaking out at my death.

"Yeah, unconscious but most likely on life support, you probably fall under that category" he explained as calmly as ever

"So you must also be unconscious too right?" I ask, with hope I'll wake up soon

"HELL NO, KRIEG IS DEAD AS DEAD CAN BE"

"Oh... well how long will it be until I wake up?"

"About a week, but in here it will feel like... say Two, Three days maybe?"

"Oh, well... how did you die?"

"It's a long story..."

"I have three days to kill, I can wait" I say, trying to cheer up the mood

"Alright, let's start from the beginning..."

Krieg told me how he met a person with what I think is a quirk? Named maya, and how she tried to kill him at first before they came to understand each other. He then told be about his other four friends, Axton, Salvador, zer0, and Gaige. But I'll focus on the first of them, Axton. The whole group was in a gun fight with a group of villains they called the rats. One of the last rats fired a shotgun towards Axton, who was already almost dead. Krieg stepped in, took the shot, and was killed. Well almost, he could barely move a muscle, but was still marginally alive. Well until a smaller group of rats found him, shot him four times, burned his corpse, then dropped it off a cliff. A bit over kill but I mean he says they were insane like him so it made some sense. He ended off by asking me something all might said once, but with a little less flare, and a lot more conviction.

"He kid, how would you like to take our skills and have them for your self"

"Wait what? I thought your powers came from being experimented on"