"Yeah."

"Ok, I'll take you weapon shopping tomorrow after you go to the academy." Kakashi said with unusual kindness.

I raised an eyebrow and said, "Thanks, I guess?" with hesitance laced in my voice. I rushed to the room Kakashi appointed to me. I quickly shut the door and looked around.

There wasn't much, just a small desk and bed. This was probably the guest room. I let go of the bag which I almost forgot that I had. Feeling exhausted, I collapsed on the bed, not even bothering to get under the sheets.

So I'm supposed to just stay here for the rest of my life? I thought bitterly. I knew that staying here was dangerous. It was only a few trees away from the Doctor. But for now, they offered me residency, which I was grateful for. I couldn't go back to my village, not with the Doctor chasing me. He wants me to lead him. But could I really stay here forever? My thoughts fled to my mother and brother. Immediately tears formed in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get rid of the tears, but more formed.

I couldn't stop myself from crying as few tears turned into waterfalls and a runny nose. I tried to keep as quiet as possible, not wanting for Kakashi to find about my vulnerable state.

I didn't realize that I fell asleep until I woke up. Though my head hurt from my breakdown last night, I pushed the pain away and sat up on my bed groggily. I opened the door only for it to reveal to Kakashi.

"Hey." He gave me a nervous close-eyed smile. He looked like he was making his way to my room to wake me up.

I raised an eyebrow. "Hey."

"Well, get ready. You have to get to the academy today." Kakashi informed me.

"Yeah, okay." I pushed past him to get to the bathroom.

"I'll leave some of my old clothes outside."

I paused my steps and turned around. "Thanks."

Kakashi seemed pleased with the response as he spun around to go to the kitchen. I continued my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed into the clothes that Kakashi gave me. They were big on me, but it would do for now.

"Come eat breakfast." Kakashi yelled from the kitchen. As I walked in, black smoke blinded my vision.

Coughing, I shouted, "Eat what? Ashes?".

"Sorry, I haven't had to cook for someone else." Kakashi called out, frantically trying to put out the fire that abrupted from the cooking pan that he was holding.

I sighed. At least he tried. I thought as I saw him dumping the burnt pan into a trashcan.

"It's fine. I still have the ramen in my system. I'll just take this apple." I said, taking an apple that was resting in a fruit bowl. Kakashi nodded understandingly.

"Well, I'll take you to the academy now." Kakashi said and I was instantly by the door, not wanting to stay in this smoke-ridden house any longer.

We took off, almost leaving the house to fix itself. When we arrived at the entrance of the academy, Kakashi left, saying that he was busy, but I knew that he didn't want to step foot in the academy, though I don't know why.

Well... If I were to stay here forever, I might as well make friends. I thought, walking into the courtyard. I was nearing the doors to the academy when someone ran into me. I landed harshly on the ground, making me a little irritated. I looked back at the person who ran into me.

It was a boy about the same age as me. He had blond hair and three whisper lines that ran across the side of his cheeks. He was wearing bright orange which I did not recommend for ninja. He was rubbing the back of his head, probably hurt from the fall