19.

"No." I said promptly and turned my body away and turned to glare at the fireplace.

"Why not?" Marlene asked confused.

"Let's just say I'd rather stab myself in the knee three thousand times than interact with him again." I said continuing to glare at the crackling fire.

Kenneth Williams was my ex-boyfriend. He was the smartest Ravenclaw and annoyingly- the most handsome one too. He was like the Sirius Black of Ravenclaw, except he was awful, conceited and down right horrible. But in a sneaky way, which made him even more terrible.

He was tall, broad-shouldered with dirty blond hair and baby-blue eyes. At first, it was like a fairy-tale. He was charming, gorgeous and intelligent. He had it all, or so it seemed. It was after six months of dating that I realized he didn't date me because he liked me. He liked who I was friends with, he liked my so-called 'popularity'. He liked the attention and he didn't care about me at all. Obviously, I had no idea and was deeply and stupidly in love with him.

The boys didn't like him at all. Which I hated, of course. I couldn't understand why they didn't like Kenneth, he was perfect- to me, of course. But ultimately, they could see what I couldn't. Literally. One day James found me and told me that he saw Kenneth holding hands with another girl - a ravenclaw. I was crushed. He didn't only break my heart, he broke me. I wanted to break his face but 'surprisingly' I found that the next day he had a black eye and was bruised badly to the point where he had to stay at the infirmary for a week. They never admitted it but I knew that they were the one's responsible for that. After that day, Kenneth would always run the other direction if he saw any of the boys.

"I'll talk to him, then." Remus offered.

Sirius made a disgusted face, "I hate that bloke. He thinks he's so great. Josie you were way out of his league, he pretty much down-graded after you."

A small smile worked it's way up to my face, "You think?"

Sirius scoffed, "Are you kidding me? Of course, love. Have you seen who he was with? Amy Joliber? She's awful. You were probably the best thing that ever happened to him."

Peter nodded, "Amy Joliber is scary."

"Thanks guys." I said, happily.

I knew it was bad to wish sadness on people but I wished Kenneth every sadness possible. Like his cat dying or him becoming bald faster. Yeah, I held a grudge. I did, however greatly appreciate the fact that Sirius cheered me up even if it was a bit flirtatiously. I liked that we had been getting on well, recently. I liked things drama-free.

"Okay, Moony and Wormtail you speak to Kenneth. I guess I'll go with Marlene and we can go to Hogsmeade and ask the shop owners if they've remember seeing any of us." James said and then turned to Sirius and I. "You too, go ask people what they remember from the party."

I raised my brow at him, "You want me to ask people about a party that happened a year ago despite the fact that none of us can remember who was at the party?" I asked incredulously.

He nodded, "So you get it! Great. See you later, alligator." He chuckled, "Isn't that funny? Pete taught me that one."

Sirius shook his head, "That's the opposite of funny."

"I guess it's Sirius then." I said, pun fully intended.

They all turned to me and laughed, except for Sirius who gave me an annoyed but amused look.