2.

They all turned their heads towards me at the same time. At once they all jumped up, greeting me while laughing. I shut the door and turned my head to lock gazes with a tall boy with dark knotted hair and a bright smile who was also known as James Potter. He jumped from his seat and enveloped me in his usual friendly, cordial hug.

He then flicked my forehead, "It's a stag not a moose and you know it Josie Longbottom!" James laughed.

My eyes met Remus's and we shared a smile as he warmly embraced me.

"Josie did you get that book I sent you? The muggle story you wanted about-"

I cut him off, "About the four girls? I sure did, Lupin. I really liked it, especially that part when the girl decided to chop her hair off to save her family because they really needed the-"

They all groaned, making me roll my eyes.

"Save the boring stuff for school, Josie" Sirius said in a mocking tone.

I turned my head to face Sirius and playfully rolled my eyes as he approached me; he shot me a grin and  embraced me in a hug before pausing and looking at me with curiosity; I furrowed my brows at him. Silently asking him 'what's wrong?'. He then put his hand on the top of my head and measured.

"Hey guys did Josie get taller?" Sirius said jokingly.

I batted his hand away and crossed my arms, quickly scanning my brain for a witty retort.

"Excuse me, Black? I am and always have been tall, it's just that you're all six foot a million so I'm sure you can hardly tell"

"Six foot a million. " James repeated, throwing his head back and laughing.

"Oh, shut it Potter" I mumbled as I sat down next to Remus.

My eyes then focused on Peter Pettigrew who was sitting opposite me. He wasn't particularly smart or handsome. Peter with his protruding chubby cheeks, matted blonde hair and shifty eyes. He didn't really say or do much; he was just there all the time. It kind of bothered me that he didn't say hello or acknowledge me in any way but I assumed it was because I was female and probably the only one he has ever interacted with.

Our eyes locked for a moment before he shifted his eyes to Remus who was sitting beside me. For some reason, the fact that I intimidated him, or anyone actually, greatly boosted my ego.

I turned my attention to Remus who was deeply engrossed in a book, that's when I noticed the look of exhaustion on his face. His eyes were bloodshot red and he had obvious bags under them that were paid with a couple of scars across his face and a large one leading all the way down to my neck. I felt a pain in my heart as I took in his state.

James didn't allow my train of thought to continue because he looked at me and said, "Josie, why didn't you tell me your brother came to visit. I had to hear it from mum. I could've learned some valuable quidditch moves." He wined.

My brother Greg was a part of the Chudley Cannons. A team that was neither good or bad, but they were quite popular with the Gryffindors due to the fact that their uniform colours were the exact same as the Gryffindor colours.

"I didn't know until he arrived! Besides, I hardly think that my brother will share his top secret quidditch moves with you. Speaking of your mum, how is she?" I said laughing.

"She's fine, she's been asking about you a lot. Where's Josie? How's Josie? Josie this, Josie that. I wouldn't be surprised if she adopted you." James says, running a hand through his messy hair. A habit that he did which not only made his hair more knotted but also made the girls fawn over him for some bizarre reason.

"That's great news, just send the adoption papers right over!" I said, laughing. "Actually, you know what, she might actually do that. Never mind."

"I was just going that say that. You don't know my mum." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

I smiled cheekily and turned my attention to the window, it was getting dark now and I could faintly see Hogwarts from afar. It was brightly lit, almost making it seem like it was glowing within. I caught my reflection in the window. With my dark and defined hair, light skin and my permanently bored face. I always seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

"Josie?" Remus's voice said, making me glance up. I then realised that we had indeed arrived.