Chapter 5

Backstory: This is the next day. The day that everyone returns to Foxfire.

"Here you go," Edaline said softly, handing Sophie her school books.

"Thank you," Sophie said, feeling very unready to go to school. But at least she'd be able to stop by the Healing Center to check in on Keefe.

...At Foxfire...

"Sophie!" Biana screamed across the halls of Foxfire, rushing to meet her friend.

"Biana, hi!" Sophie tried to say enthusiastically, with a smile.

Biana smiled back, embracing her in a tight hug. As soon as she let go, Sophie could tell that she had so many questions to ask.

There was a long pause of silence, as they just smiled at each other.

"So, how are you doing?" Biana asked.

"I'm not really sure, to be honest," Sophie said, her smile gradually dropping.

"Do you wanna come over today? There's a lot we need to talk about. And I think that it would cheer you up too," Biana said softly.

"Sure. But I have to ask Grady and Edaline first," Sophie said.

Biana nodded. The first bell rang, and they both waved "bye" and turned to get to their classes.

Just as Sophie turned around, she bumped into someone. Not just anyone, though. She bumped into Fitz.

A VERY short chapter and a cliffhanger....What's gonna happen next?