💚Satan's little pet (Satan x reader)💚

/Heavily edited & re-written on 15.02.2023/
________________

Of course you knew that it was impossible to not get attached to anyone in Devildom, considering how the demon brothers had warmed up to you the longer you stayed, and yet you didn't expect your feelings to grow into something much stronger than a mere attachment for one of them. After all, eventually you'd have to leave Devildom, the thought of departing alone was enough to make you feel sad. And if not for that, the fact that the demon in question seemed to avoid you and act distant towards you when he was nearby made matters worse.

Your feelings were so obvious to everyone - everyone except for Satan himself. At the very beginning, the brothers enjoyed teasing you about your crush, but they stopped when you began getting gloomy whenever they said something about Satan.

The reason of your sadness weren't their words though, it was Satan himself, or more like, the fact that he avoided you. The brothers tried to reassure you that it wasn't what you thought it was - after all, Satan was an introverted bookworm whose definition of quality time was spending his time locked up in his room with a cup of tea reading something, but when he began coming late to the dinner during the time you were there, you couldn't believe them much longer.

"I'm sure he's just trying to act cool, he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings! If anything, you should have your eyes on me instead!" You could remember Mammon saying, but was Satan really the kind of guy who thought it would make him appear cool when acting like that?

"You should bring him some food, he'll open up for sure after that!" Beelzebub recommended, but you knew that it wouldn't work the way you'd like to either. You appreciated the effort of them trying to help though, but you were too embarrassed to tell them that you were giving up on the idea of confronting Satan about your feelings.

"Hey, Y/N! I've got an idea that he won't be able to resist!" Leviathan said as he burst into your room, making you raise your eyes up from the book you were reading. Ever since Satan began avoiding you, books were the only thing that connected you with him, therefore that was where your enthusiasm to read came from.

"What is it this time?" You asked, ready to decline whatever he was going to say.

"Satan loves pets, right? Especially cats!" Leviathan seemed so excited about his idea, walking around the room in circles as he spoke. "Have you ever seen those characters with cat ears and tails in anime? Of course you haven't, you're a normie! " He frowned, stopping in his tracks for a moment and looking at you. "But they're so adorable!" He grinned, making you raise a brow in a questioning way.

"Are you trying to tell me that I should become a cat? As if I was capable of that.." You rolled your eyes, about to continue to read your book.

"To think of it, that could actually work! There's no way that Satan could pass by an adorable kitty!" Asmodeus smiled.

"Ohhh, I know what to do!" Mammon joined, closing your book right before your eyes.

When did those two come? And why would they team up to attempt to turn you into a cat? You couldn't help but laugh at the idea.

"Whatever you're scheming, it won't work." You sighed, about to return to your book when Mammon suddenly grabbed your arm. "Hey!" You glared at him, but before you could say anything else, you were pulled up from your bed and dragged out of your room, with the others following you.

"Seriously, what's up with you all.." You sighed, looking around as your hand was let go of. "Library? I can see where this is going.." You grumbled, panting from the run you were forced into.

"Just trust us, you're not gonna regret it!" Mammon exclaimed as he walked to the bookshelf, grabbing a book and taking it out from the shelf. "So-"

"That's a book about necromancy, Mammon." Leviathan sighed, taking another book and putting it down on the table. You couldn't recognize the language it was in, but it seemed as if you were the only one with that struggle.