Chapter 6

Passing the gate she arrived at the Spring Plains. Since she was on the west side of the town there were barely any players. However if one was at the east side of the town, it would be to crowded to even find a kill on a single mob. Esya, without even knowing it, did a really smart move and avoided the huge mass of players, that the official release day brought with it. But nothing like that even crossed her mind as she was looking upon the Spring Plains outside of the beginner town and discovered hundreds of slimes idling around in the grassy lands.

Seeing those little blobs she realized, that there is a problem.

'Where is their front side and what exactly defines their back?'

They had no face nor any other indicator telling whether they were facing towards you or not, which ended up being crucial flaw for the skill Backstab.

'Guess I'll have to give up on the 300% damage.'

Checking the level of the smiles she quickly found a level 1 slime.

[Slime - level 1]

HP: 200

MP: 0

'0 MP means that it probably can't use any skills or spells.'

Excited she quickly invoked Invisibility followed up by a Blinkstep to instandly close in on the Slime. The reason she uses Blinkstep so often is to quickly raise its proficiency.

Not knowing about his impending doom the slime was peacefully munching on its grass, when a blade flashed above him.

[You used Backstab while invisible.]

[You dealt 90 damage against Slime.]

System notifications flashed in the corner of her vision as she reduced the Slimes HP to 110 in an instant. She didn't wait long to follow this up by a Leg Sweep.

[You used Leg Sweep.]

[You dealt 54 damage against Slime.]

While the slime did not have Legs it did not mean one could not use Leg Sweep on it. Leg Sweep described the use of the user's legs in a sweep attack with which she could put her enemy into an vulnerable position and follow it up with a normal strike.

[You hit a critical attack]

[You dealt 90 damage against Slime]

[You defeated Slime and earned 25 XP]

After defeating the Slime it turned from being a blob into a puddle.

Baffled she looked at the corpse of the Slime. "Where is my Jelly notification?"

Since Esya did not talk with Instructor Tom she did not know how to collect loot from mobs.

Thinking about how to collect the loot she looked around and saw some player hovering his hand above the puddle. Afterwards the puddle started shining faintly and disappeared.

'Does it have to do with thinking about a certain phrase again?'

Stretching out her hand she started chanting random words fitting for gathering loot in her mind.

'Gather' 'Loot' 'Collect'

This went on for good five minutes till she found the right keyword. It was the word 'Dismantle'.

[You obtained Slime Jelly]

"Hah..." a sigh escaped her as she felt mentally exhausted.

'How come no one explains anything, but everybody knows already, what to do.'