Chapter 24

The secret potion room is magnificent.

It's like a classic witch's room; old wooden floors with bookcases full of old books on three sides of the room, most of them dusty. A massive cauldron sat in the corner of the room with weird and wonderful ingredients on shelfs above it.

"Wow" I whispered.

"This was my original home" Fairy Godmother said "I created a carbon copy of it and hid it in my office if I ever was to use it...I haven't been in here in a while"

"Does it have the book?" Ben asked, sounding even more worried than before.

I looked at him confused as he lead me up.

"It does" she said walking over to the bookshelf, to the one book which is chained up.

She grabbed it and put it on a wooden reading stand which magically appeared in front of her.

She blew the dust off of it, to reveal the title of the damaged book.

"Hecate's spell book?" I asked, making her nod.

"She gave me the book when she knew she was fading" Fairy Godmother said, opening the book "She gifted me the wand"

"Your wand?" Ben asked, shocked.

'And I'm back' the voice sung in my head, making me hiss.

"Get out my head" I whimpered.

"We need to hurry" Ben said as my vision got a bit blurry "What else do we need?"

"We need Maleficent and Hades" Fairy Godmother said "Mal, could you summon them?"

"Why would you ask her when you can-"

"Ben, Maleficent can be summoned by her own staff" Fairy Godmother said "And the more Mal uses the staff powers, the more the voice will be fought"

I nodded and shakily stood up properly.

I lifted the staff, the green glow filling me with energy.

In a flash Maleficent and Hades were in front of us; Hades confused but Maleficent was alert and looked straight at me.

"What-"

"Why did you call us?" Maleficent asked "Are you desperate?"

"We found a cure for Mal and Hades" Ben said, making both Maleficent and Hades gasp.

"Good" Hades said "Because the ember isn't working well anymore"

"Same with the staff" I replied, making both of my parents look at me.

"You don't look so well Pumpkin" Maleficent said.

They turned to Fairy Godmother.

"Well? What are we waiting for?" Maleficent asked "Where's the cure?"

"It's a spell" Fairy Godmother said "A risky one which can risk both Mal's and Hades' lives"

Maleficent turned to Hades.

"Its the only way" Hades said, "I can't hold on too much longer either"

"Can the spell be cast at the same time?" Maleficent asked, making Fairy Godmother shake her head.

"Do my father first" I said, everyone turning to me "If he goes insane then the world collapses"

"I don't want to put my own health before my daughter's" Hades whispered "However Mal is right...can you hold on a little longer?"

I nodded, slightly leaning onto Ben.

"Okay, can everyone stand back?" Fairy Godmother said, Ben moving himself and me to the side where Fairy Godmother is opposite to, next to the door.

Maleficent gave Hades a kiss on the cheek, which was weird since I only ever seen her hating on people, before standing next to Fairy Godmother, leaving Hades in the middle of the room.

"Now" Fairy Godmother said, "I have not done this spell before, so I am not sure how it would go however it is clearly noted by Hecate to avoid doing the insanity curse in the first place because of this. I do not know how the curse would react..."

She turned to me.

"If you sense anything different about you, let me know immediately" Fairy Godmother reported "I'm not sure what the curse will do to survive"

I nodded.

She looked at my father who nodded.

"Let's do this" Hades said.

Fairy Godmother looked down to the book, and lifted her arms.

"Ut enim furcifer vultus heros et se probavit per hoc quod homo ad id timeo quod non est dignum maledictione insaniam. Et potest ille in pace Remoce in quas maledicta congessi. Subleva, ut maledicat: purgaret ventrem atque delevit, in quas maledicta congessi ut sine difficultate non potest in pace" she chanted.

I noticed my father's body lift as she finished, a eeirry yellow glow surrounding him.

We all held our breath as he landed back on his knees, my mother not even hesitating before running to his side.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I saw his head look up at my mother, making her gasp, tears in her eyes.

"I-It's gone" he whispered, my mother kissing him on the lips.

"That's fantastic!" Fairy Godmother said, smiling.

Suddenly my vision went blurry and the voice's laughter rung in my ears.

'Stupid fairy, she should have done the both of you at the same time' the voice said 'now I have full control over you and you have no chance, even with that stupid staff'

I immediately felt nauseous, the world spinning.

I noticed Ben had lessen his grip on me.

"Mal?" Ben asked, "Are you-"

The pain got worse, making me scream and fall onto my knees, my head on the cold wooden floor.

I heard the staff fall onto the floor, and everyone gasping.

"The curse must have transferred to her fully!" Fairy Godmother said "Ben, I warn you not to-"

Suddenly I heard a smash to my right, making me snap my head up,

I noticed Ben with books all over him, groaning in pain.

Did I do that?

"A-Are you okay?" I whispered.

"Sore" Ben admitted.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Hades asked "Do the cure!"

"I can't" Fairy Godmother said "It could kill her, she isn't a god like you"

'In a couple of seconds you will kill them' the voice said 'You're mine now'

"She's half god so-"

"JUST DO IT PLEASE!" I yelled, cutting my father off, looking at Fairy Godmother "Before I do something I regret"

Another wave of pain overcame me, making me shiver, looking down again and I bit my tongue.

"Alright" Fairy Godmother said.

I couldn't hear her do the spell, but I could feel it working at the voice screamed in my head.

I felt lighter than normal...like I was floating.

"Oh Gods, Fairy Godmother...are you okay?" I heard my father say, but it sounded under water "She passed out"

"Mal!" I heard Ben yell "No,no,no...stay with me!"

"I-I...I love you Ben" I whispered.

And I felt no more.