CHAPTER VIII. real truth

Start from the beginning

Anakin did before a dark cloud emerged from the sand. It had a strong presence and appeared what seemed to be a Sith. Impossible, they were stripped away a long time ago, and one was still alive? 

"Anakin! Get to the ship, now!" Qui-Gon called out to him.

Anakin paused, elegantly maneuvering around the intense battle between the Sith and Qui-Gon, before effectively making his way towards the entrance of the ship. Amidst the intense battle, Qui-Gon managed to seize a brief moment to discreetly signal for the ship's departure.

The ship started up with Qui-Gon Force pushing the Sith away and climbing on the ramp. His speed was not as quick as this Sith's with the enemy quickly darting after him.

The moment the Sith approached with a clever maneuver, my senses picked up. He displayed remarkable finesse with his dual saber, prompting me to urgently warn Qui-Gon. I got a good look at Force shoving the Sith back, knocking him out, and pulling Qui-Gon inside the ship.

My heart was beating rapidly with my head trying to figure out how a Sith was still alive. I didn't realize what was going on until Obi-Wan and Anakin came near. R2 even came by to check.

"Are you all right?" Anakin worriedly asked, kneeling to Qui-Gon.

"I think so..." Qui-Gon replied as he got up. "That was something I won't forget."

"What was that?" Obi-Wan asked while helping me up.

"Don't know... but he did know the arts of the Jedi. He might've been after the Queen," Qui-Gon addressed.

"He's a Sith," I assured him, having his eyes drawn onto me.

"And how do you know of this?"

"I feel something darker about his presence than usual. More sinister and evil than normal. I feel like this is the work of the Sith. There was more to it, I can sense it."

The room fell into a hushed silence. My mind seems to be tangled once more, spilling out various scenarios that could result in further deception. The overthinking again...

I left the scene and went to the room I meditated in early on before and placed myself down. My face covered with my hands trying to calm myself with the dire truths that could be farfetched. 

I felt the ship gradually go into hyperspace, seeing the color shift from the sandy texture to the wavy mixture of blue and purple shine outside. It soon fell quiet when I was more focused and relaxed after some time. 

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

The ship remained in hyperspace, and I sensed a gradual sense of refinement as time elapsed. Meditation didn't quite capture my attention as much as I would have liked. 

The Sith back there, the whole uproar of Anakin not being worthy to be a Jedi because he was too old, the fact that there could be worse events happening sooner than I can think, having to succeed a lot of goals that Master Windu wants me to go through...

"Jewel?" I heard Obi-Wan's voice, making my eyes meet his as he looked concerned at the entrance of the room.

I lowered my head into my hands, maintaining my composure as I felt Obi-Wan's presence beside me. My face was not composed and my anxiety of all this danger was creeping up more heavily each second passing.

"Are you all right?" he asked me.

"There's... a lot to reminisce, Obi," I said. "Too much my mind can recollect. I'm sorry I'm behaving like this. I'm always worried."

"You seem perfectly all right to me." He almost sounds ashamed to lie, but he wanted to get rid of all this built-up stress off of me to the best he could. His gesture was nice, and I looked at him to see his blue eyes on mine. His short hair with the padawan braid tucked behind his shoulder.

My mouth was about to speak, but I couldn't as I continued to stare at him with compassion. I could tell he was doing the same too. I could feel his expression change slightly as we continued to look at each other.

He smoothly moved towards me and embraced me, gently pulling me into his arms as I welcomed his affection. His firm grasp conveyed a deep level of concern for me. His hold loosened and he gently placed his hands on my face, a warm smile spreading across his lips.

"I care for you, Jewel," he softly admitted, the words coming out of a sort of whisper.

"I do too," I immediately replied, looking up at him. "I just... I can't figure out a solution to make this stress go away."

"I know the answer." He almost breathed out a laugh, and I felt it on my face from his change of behavior.

"And what might that be?"

His lips connected with mine. The world went all over the place, causing me to think about the Jedi Order. Everything that was placed for me, all from the single kiss happening right now. The kiss is as perfect as how I imagined it to be. He was soft... so soft.

We let go of the lingering caress before we saw in each other's eyes the happiness that beamed off from one another. We broke one of the biggest rules in the code, but I could tell he didn't seem bothered by it.

"I love you, Jewel," Obi-Wan's words echoed in the room, resting his forehead with mine. He seemed completely oblivious to his surroundings, completely engrossed in our interaction. It almost felt like I was melting whilst in his hold.

My smile spread, making me reply, "I love you too."

His lips connected with me again, getting to a rhythm as his hands trailed to my waist and mine to his face and neck. We gingerly swept to the bed and continued holding onto each other, not sensing anyone else and engulfed in this moment.

Now I have too much to think about.