Revelations and Suspicions

"So...you're telling me that you're Grai's little sis Avia...that you and him got swapped by a Manaphy on your way home a couple days ago, and that he is now with your Mom and Dad out shopping for clothes while you got left home to do the chores...is that all?" Aria asked, to which Avia nervously nodded confirmation. She had told Aria and the others everything, knowing she couldn't contain herself due to the panic she had felt. Avia's suspicion and outing her as not being her brother had spooked her into telling them everything.

Closing her eyes and rubbing her temples, Aria sighed. "It makes sense, and yet doesn't at the same time. Manaphy aren't native to this region, they originate around Sinnoh. And even if one came here, why Slateport? Why not around Sootopolis or Mossdeep, giving it more places to hide? Something just doesn't add up here. There is no way that you guys encountering that Manaphy was just chance. I think someone set it loose specifically for the purpose of switching you and your brother. At least...that's the suspicion I have." Aria finished, twirling her hair around her finger nervously.

"But...why would they do that? For kicks and giggles? Surely there had to be a reason?" Tama questioned, crossing his arms. He and Treyane had taken the news about Avia being in Graiden's body as well as they could. Which is to say that both of them had gotten a bit nervous and more cautious about how they approached everything. Graiden would kill them if anything happened to his little sis while in their care. He had expressed that the last time she had been with them about 2 years ago.

Even now, with her being in Graiden's body and able to defend herself, the two looked at each other and nodded. They were gonna do all they could to make sure Avia was safe. It would be awkward though if they had to rescue her from anything. Just imagining Graiden's fury coming through Avia's little body if they failed was enough to make their hairs stand up on end.

Aria shook her head before returning to her steel gaze. "I don't know but I just feel like something is wrong. Some piece of information that we need to piece it all together isn't here. But..." Her face softened as she looked at Avia. "For now, we need to treat Ms. Avia with respect and dignity. She may be in a weird and awkward situation but..." Aria stopped, unable to find the words to finish. Avia grinned a bit, which left the three a bit starstruck. It wasn't often that Graiden ever smiled, much less grinned with his teeth.

"Hey Aves? If ya wanna pretend to be your brother in public...maybe...cool it on the grinnin' ? He doesn't really...ever smile or grin unless in private places." Tama informs her, before smacking his head while smiling a bit. "And here I didn't notice 'til Ari mentioned you weren't ya brother. You are way more nervous and expressive then him." Grinning, he put his hands in his pockets. "Gotta admit though...your smile really makes his face brighten up and seem cheerful. How 'ong has it been since we saw that expression on that face? Back in the early years of the academy?" He asks the others, to which they nod.

" Yea. Think the last time he smiled like that was when he 'ad that Chikorita in his hands. He smiled so much it coulda' lit up the night sky on a moonless night, he was so happy. " Treyane recounted, before Aria put her head down a bit and closed her eyes.

"There was one time after that. When him and I were alone together on the beach, watching the waves over the horizon. It was really pretty...and he compared me to it. I never saw him grin as big as he did then." Taking out a Poké Ball and opening it, the light faded to reveal a Fennekin, the fire starter from Kalos.

" Where did you get that, Aria?! " Tama exclaimed, confused. How did she have a Pokemon already?! Tucking her hands into her lap, Aria simply looked at them all before smiling a little as blush filled her cheeks.

"He pulled some favors with one of our older classmates...doing their homework and whatnot...to get me one for my birthday. Apparently there was a student from Kalos there who had been exchanged through the student transfer program. Didn't want the Fennekin because they found out how it looked at the final evolution, but didn't want to give it up without something in it for him. So um...yeah...that's how I have a Fennekin..." Aria said, her face becoming flustered as awkward silence settled in.

Avia, however, had become lost in her own thoughts. She now knew that her initial gut feeling about something being wrong with Mom and Dad was correct if Aria's suspicions rang true. If not, well, she'd deal with the consequences later of her actions. For now, she wanted answers. And she wanted them now.

"Let's head to my house guys. I wanna snoop in my parent's room, see if we can't find something. I know Aria's suspicion is just that, a suspicion, but the more I think about it the more I can't help but agree with it. That swap at the beach was almost...planned. We may have not of thought about it that way but...it almost seems to fit. But the question is...are they involved or are they innocent? I wanna find out!" She proclaims, slamming her fist gently on the table to emphasize her demand.

Tama and Teyane exchanged nervous glances, while Aria smirked.

"Let's do it!" She cheered, while the two boys looked on at her as thought she was crazy. Perhaps it was from her enthusiasm, maybe it was her grin. Aria didn't care. She wanted to help Avia get to the bottom of this. The boys sighed as they all got up and started heading towards the direction of the Graiden household.

" 'ere we go again..being dragged into something we aren't certain about...just like the time with the Wingulls and the ice cream... " Tama sighed as the wind started to pick up and have a slight howl....