Waking up and Panicking

Groaning with a toss and turn, Graiden felt blankets move as he did so. Fighting the darkness of sleep, he barely opened his eyes to see that he was home. Furrowing his brows a bit, he wondered how he was home. Then it occurred to him that perhaps he and Avia had been found by their parents, and that they had brought them home.

There was something blurry in Graiden's vision. It was really close and it bothered him to not know what it was. Sleepily grabbing it, he held it out and observed it before letting it go in shock. It was a long strand of brown hair.

He didn't have long brown hair.

Bolting upright, his eyes wide and full of shock, Graiden looked around and saw he was in Avia's room and in her bed. The walls were a mix of pink and purple with the occasional painted sparkle. The floor was carpeted purple as well, with various toys and costumes strewn around.

Looking at his hands, Graiden saw they were Avia's hands complete with the softness and pink nail polish on the nails. Seeing a mirror, he got up and immediately fell the moment he stood up.

"Agh..!" He cried out, the pain from the fall stinging. Even with the floor being carpet, Avia's body was still short enough that the fall from the bed was enough to cause pain. Standing back up and wobbling as he tried to find Avia's center of balance, Graiden frowned.

"Hmm...maybe if I..." He mused, before positioning himself in a more girlish standing position. Instantly he felt more balanced and stable. Hearing a quiet muffled scream from across the hall, Graiden quickly went over to the mirror. That scream probably was his sister waking up and realizing that she was in his own body.

Looking at the mirror, he saw Avia's hazel eyes stare back at him as her long brown hair cascaded down to the middle of his back. It was a bit messy, and Graiden groaned at the thought of brushing it later. He did happen to notice that he was wearing the same outfit that Avia had worn yesterday...perhaps their parents had just brought them home and laid them both down in bed?

Hearing the door to the room open, Graiden turned to see Avia with a very shocked and panicky look on her face staring at him with his own green eyes. She was breathing very shakily, and it was very obvious to tell her thoughts were racing.

"Graiden..?" She asked softly, Graiden wincing at his own voice sounding afraid. It was a tone of voice he had never taken. Nodding his head, he walked over and took her hand. He could see Avia relax a bit.

"Just breathe, Avia." He commanded softly, as she nodded and began to breathe in and out slowly. Graiden knew this would help her, she used the breathing technique whenever her stage fright would flare up before she performed in Musicals. Frowning, he looked up at her.

"Please don't tell me you have a Musical practice or performance this week..." He asked, to which Avia's eyes went wide and her breathing went panicky again. Graiden groaned, her reaction telling him all he needed to know. "When are they? Let me know so that way we have some time to get me up to par with you." He said, to which Avia just looked at him like he had grown a second head.

" You want to do the Musicals? I thought you were against them because they were silly and just like a play. " She asked, to which Graiden became a bit flustered and waved his hands in defense.

"It's nothing like that..! I just...I'm in your body and stuff and you know...you do Musicals so there is a reputation to uphold...I'm not gonna be like those people on TV who ruin each other's lives when they switch, you know? You may annoy me sometimes but...you are still my little sis!" He cried out, the flustered feeling becoming a blush on his face.

Avia smirked at the blush and put her hands on her hips. "Or have you just been saying that because you didn't want to admit that you actually want to do them but that being a guy stops you?" She teased, to which he gave a small squeak of embarrassment.

"Can you please...just be quiet..?" He asked weakly, Avia laughing at his obvious discomfort and embarrassment....