Dresses, Steps, and a Hug

"You look pretty cute in my dress that I normally wear for Musicals. It's funny...it's like seeing how I look from someone else's perspective really lets me see how others view me." Avia mused, as she circled around Graiden. She was curious as to how she looked at all angles, especially since this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to do so outside her own body.

Graiden groaned, his cheeks flushed with a bright red blush. The attention he was receiving made him feel very self conscious. The dress, with its maroon, aqua, and forest green colors, was making him feel silly and, dare he say it, afraid. Afraid of being too gaudy, too 'out there'. He was also afraid of messing up when the time came to do Avia's Musical practice and performance this week.

Avia noticed his expression and smiled a little while putting a hand on his shoulder. "It's gonna be alright. Today is Tuesday. Practice is Friday night with the Performance being Sunday afternoon. Plenty of time to at least get you somewhat used to my performance routine!" She said with nervous enthusiasm.

Graiden felt something rise within himself, a feeling he couldn't describe at first. His face felt on fire from his blush worsening but he felt...happy? Relieved? It was a good feeling but Dear Arceus did it make him blush like crazy. Putting his hands together behind his back, he started to hum the main melody of 'A Stroll through Nimbasa', one of the Musicals commonly performed by the Young Musical Theatre, Avia's group she was a part of.

Playing with his new brown hair, Graiden teased a twirl by making a motion to spin. Feeling the good feeling increase, he carried through with the motion and performed a single twirl. Avia watched with a smile as he courtesies and giggles a bit to himself.

"That was pretty good, you know!" She said, clapping a bit. Seeing his face continue being red made her chuckle a bit but she genuinely was proud of him. Patting him on the head, resulting in a squeak of happiness from him, she looked into his eyes. "You are gonna do great. Just let yourself perform and don't hold anything back!"

Graiden looked down at the floor, before taking a breath and begining to move across the floor. He twirled, spun, and danced his way around the room. Avia gasped, her hands coming to her mouth in surprise. She never expected Graiden to be doing the steps she had done at practice so well from the outset!

Resting her elbow in her hand as watched him, Avia couldn't help but wonder if Graiden had been practicing the steps he had seen her do before in his own room before this whole swap business. It would explain how he was so good at this current moment.

"But if he is this good...why has he never tried Musicals out? He would have fun doing this every week..." She mused, trying to think of a reason why he wouldn't have done so by now.

Graiden stopped, breathing a little harder than normal but having a big smile on his face. Sitting down on the floor and looking up at Avia, he saw her with a thoughtful expression. "What'cha thinking about, Sis?" He asked as he twirled a strand of hair around his finger.

Avia looked down and frowned. "Just...why haven't you tried Musicals in your own body? I mean you have the talent for it if you memorized the dance steps I have been learning these last couple of weeks. And it isn't like the Theatre wouldn't have accepted you, since they take in anyone willing to learn. So what gives? Why haven't you done it for yourself?"

Graiden looked down at the floor and felt self-disappointment rising in his chest. "Because...I've always felt that Mom and Dad wouldn't approve. Plus, I'm not as good as you are making me out to be. I've memorized your steps because I've just done them in my own room. It's also because what you say sometimes is true. I don't do it because I don't have the guts to break my image everyone knows and come out that I like Musicals."

Avia wagged her finger in disapproval. "But why care about what everyone thinks? You have the right to do whatever makes you happy big brother! So why let the opinions of a few hold you back?" She asked, with a sigh being the immediate answer she received.

"Because, it isn't just a few people. Pretty much anyone who I am friends with sees me as this stone-faced person who doesn't take any funny business and doesn't do something as 'silly' as Musicals." Graiden explained, putting air quotes with his hands.

Avia sighed and looked at him with a mixture of pity and understanding. "Sounds like you have the same feeling a typical girl does sometimes. Trying to keep it all in while yearning to just be yourself around others." Hugging Graiden, she turned to her closet and opened it up.

"Now come on. Let's find a dress of mine that would suit the type of person you really are. The one you have on looks a bit gaudy. "