🤺ʀɪᴘᴏꜱᴛᴇ🤺

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know you were into fencing, Kalianna," Adrien says.

"I figured it wouldn't do any harm to try out. I don't really have a lot on my plate." Kalianna shrugs. 'Other than being Lady Luck.' She thought.

Meanwhile, Marinette glares over at Kalianna.

"Get into position!" Armand yells before looking over at Marinette. "Unfortunately, you'll have to sit this one out until the last fencer gets here. They're running late."

Marinette groans and stomps over to a bench.

Meanwhile, Kalianna puts her helmet on, glances at Adrien, and holds her saber upright. "Um, I don't feel like I'm doing this right." She told Adrien.

Adrien chuckles gently and smiles. "Don't worry, I'll help you. Bend your knees, then stretch your left foot back, turned outwards."

Kalianna nods and follows his instructions.

"Perfect!" Adrien moves to her side, putting his arm around her. "Now put your saber forward," He leans her forward. "Like this," He uses his other hand to guide Kalianna's so her saber is pointing out.

"T-Thank you," Kalianna stuttered, blushing.

Marinette growls as she watched the two.

"Greet each other!" Mr. D'Argencourt crosses his saber arm over his chest and then snaps it out to his side.

Adrien greeted Kalianna with his saber before she greeted him back with hers.

"En garde! Prêt, allez! (On guard! Ready, go!)" Mr. D'Argencourt yells.

The others begin fencing but Kalianna was hesitant about fencing Adrien.

Just then the said blonde straightens up from his position and pushes up his helmet. "Go on, Kal. You're supposed to touch me."

"But..." Kalianna put her helmet up. "I don't wanna hurt you with my saber too much."

Adrien chuckled. "It's okay! That's why we wear protection underneath our gear."

"Oh, okay!" Kalianna smiled.

Adrien smiles back and puts his helmet back down. Kalianna put her own down as well and he lunged at her with his saber.

"Eeee!" Kalianna's squeaked before she dodged and struck back.

"Attaque! (Attack!) Touche. Point!" Mr. D'Argencourt gestures to Kalianna. "Continue." He then walked away.

Kalianna pushes up her helmet. "Thanks so much Adrien,"

Adrien also pushes his helmet up. "All I did was lunge. You've got good reflexes!" He puts his helmet down again and readies himself. "En grade!"

Kalianna put her helmet back down and got into position as well.

"Prêt, allez!" Adrien says.

Kalianna made the first move and they begin to fence for a brief moment. Kalianna managed to block one of Adrien's attacks before getting him in the chest with her saber.

"Attack, parry, riposte, counterattack. The point goes to you, Kalianna." Adrien told her.

The porcelain-skinned girl put up her helmet. "I don't get it. Didn't you hit me first?"

Adrien also pushes his helmet up. "With saber fencing, the attacker doesn't necessarily win the point even though he touched his opponent first. You took the initiative, so we say that you had priority. I can only parry or riposte, so I lose."

"But everything's happening so fast! How can you know who won the point?" Kalianna questioned.

"We don't always know for sure. That's why you can also abstain. Shall we continue?" Adrien lowers his helmet.