2. To my body

Dear Body,

There were days where I hated you the most. There were days where you never seem to meet up to the average standard of beauty, days where I saw you as below and days where I even saw you as gross.

There were times when I ought to walk pass a mirror, or anything that could show me a reflection of you, but my only aim, was not to see you. There were days where I scarred you with sharp blades and hurtful comments made by people that I always replayed for you. I let them belittle you more than they originally did, by concluding they knew better of you than I, the one whom you have been entrusted to.

I'm sorry, forgive me.

Instead of seeking validation or seeking to meet up to the average standard of beauty, set by another person, I have decided to explore you. To shape you to your very best, and not in comparison to someone else. Not to criticize you or attempt to change you, or remodel you, so that you too can have qualities of the next best thing. That may never be you.

You may never look the best but I will always embrace you. I will treat you will care, I will be kind to you. I will proudly live inside you and someday, your very flaws will be use to exalt you. You may never qualify for the pageants, but you too will work on competitive floors that will uplift you, and show unique qualities of you to the world that can never be achieved by restrictive diets and slimming pills.

The scale does not measure your worth, and the mirror does not reflect all your beauty. While living inside you, I will not hide. While living inside you, I will not be afraid to step outside. Confidence may never be consistent, but at times when you feel little again, I will remind you.

I will remind you not to give yourself away for cheap validation, not to entrust yourself in the arms of people who do not deserve you. When you need comfort, I will remind you not to seek it in the arms who those who do not value you, only to resent yourself again when they belittle you or do not understand you.

On days where you find yourself lost, I will remind you who you are, all you have done, all you will do, unattainable heights that you will climb to because it can only be you. I will remind you that you are beautiful.

I will remind you, always.