33- The Wedding Ceremony

Start from the beginning

I look up into his face, butterflies fluttering in my stomach as his lips meet mine. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into him, deepening the kiss. I place my hands on his neck, running my fingers through his hair. He breaks the kiss by lowering his forehead to mine and staring straight into my eyes. "You are mine now, all mine now, my love."

He takes my hand, interlacing his fingers with his as he leads me back down the aisle. I wondered silently whether he had planned a reception or not. He pulled me out of the house where I noticed a limo waiting at the door, I paused as he opened the door, waiting for me to slide inside. He closes the door slowly as he stares at me and my stomach drops as he closes the door. "It's time we celebrated our marriage, don't you think?"

"Sure."

"What's the matter, I've planned a great party to celebrate you becoming mine!"

"Are we celebrating me becoming yours? Or us becoming a married couple?" I asked him about raising my brow at him.

"Well, yeah, it's to celebrate us getting married." He says.

"Jesse, tell me, are you happy now?" I asked, wanting to know.

"You mean since we are now husband and wife? Of course, I am happy... this is everything I have ever wanted for a long time." I stare at his face in silence. He was staring at me, probably thinking about what to say next.

"Are you going to keep locking me in the room?"

"Not unless you try to run again, and you are moving into my room starting tonight, remember?" I heard him ask with a smirk on his face, it was apparent he was looking forward to it.

I respond, "Oh yeah." He takes my hand, running his finger across the rings I had on mine. The ones that claim I belong to him. I watch him pull my hand up, and he kisses my hand softly before sending me an understanding smile.

"Look, I know you're nervous about tonight. But I will promise you right now, Makena, I won't force you into anything. It's all your choice, I suppose I am just happy to be your husband... now that is enough, for now, right there." He smiles into my eyes.

I send him a smile and say, "Thanks, Jesse." I turn to look out the window so I can see where we're going. I wonder what kind of party he has planned for us tonight. "Jesse, tell me what's going to happen to me now? What is your plan for me now?" I asked, I had to know if he had planned anything else for me to do.

"My love, what do you mean?"

"What are you going to do with me now, now that I am your wife?" I ask again, feeling agitated that he was being so dumb.

"To tell you the truth, now that I'm your husband, I will be taking complete care of you and all your needs. Now you'll have to run our home, and eventually you'll be raising our children. 

Makena, I'll even buy you that dream car you've always wanted. Because you are mine, I'm going to spoil you." He explains looking me into my eyes, I was tempted to look away when my emotions started to swirl around inside of me, was that all he wanted me to do? I wanted to do more with my life...

"That's it... you won't let me do anything else?" I growled at him, folding my arms across my chest, and looking up at him bewildered.

"Besides loving me, spoiling me and being a devoted wife, maybe you can use this time to finish your writing? Didn't you want to be a writer?" He asks, ignoring my angry stare.

"Wait, how did you know that?"

"I paid attention to you Makena!"

"Why Jesse, What attracted you to me? Why did you like me so much?" I ask, as I've always wanted to know the answer to a question that's always bothered me.

"Umm... I don't have an answer to that question Makena. All I know is that when you called Ruben that day, I was so jealous that you of all girls knew where he lived, knew his phone number, and had been to his church. It felt like you knew a lot about him; I thought that you liked him, and I was so mad about that. He later told me that it was Trinity who liked him, and she just pulled you along with her. Tell me now Makena, did you ever like him?" he asks me, even though his response wasn't exactly an answer to my question I felt that he was trying to answer me.

I widen my eyes at him. How could he be asking me that after so many years? Did he really want to know the answer or was he just trying to keep me talking? I open my mouth and say calmly, "Jesse, I thought I told you that I didn't like Ruben like that. I never did, it was always Trinity! That's why my friendship with her went to shit."

"Are you 100% honest right now?"

"Yes, why are you asking me that? Like I could lie to you right now, about something like that." I scoff at him. How dare he think that of me.

"Well, honestly Ruben claimed you liked one of us back in high school, so I always wanted it to be me, but he kept saying it was him, always rubbing my nose in it. That's why he chose you as his second choice." He says in a whisper.

I turn up my nose at the idea, as I couldn't stand either of them back in high school. As I didn't want to repeat the subject, I decided to change it, "So tell me, Jesse, did you have a second choice?"

"No."

"Seriously, there was no one else here?" I inquire.

"No, and I will end this conversation now," he growls out.

"Fine, whatever." I looked out the window to see fairy lights appearing in the window. We were driving up to a well-known building where the rich and famous held their balls. I had always wanted to attend some of their extravagant parties. I have only been inside this building once, when my restaurant catered one of their parties and I filled in with Suri as one of the servers. I watched as the rich and famous of our city danced together in the beautiful ballroom, as well as in the beautiful gardens that surround the building. It was such a magical night, and I've always wanted to attend one of these lavish parties.