Chocolate Music Notes

*okay so quick note not gonna lie, its pretty long 😅 I hope you all still enjoy it.

Marinette's POV

Do you ever wonder why life just.... gets....difficult?

It always seems to be at the most inconvenient times too.

You think you have prepared and you think you planned everything perfectly, but then.

Things.

Just.

Happen.

*Crash

"Please, please tell me that's not what I think it is." I plead with hope to my little kwami, eyes closed not wanting to see the disaster that's definitely behind me.

"Uuh" Tikki looks my way sympathetically. "I'm sorry Mar-..."

"No no no no THIS IS A TOTAL DISASTER!!..... Oh why?..... Tikki, what am I going to do?!"

"Please try and stay calm Mari, maybe we can fix it..?" Her normal sweet soothing voice does nothing to calm the waves of dread crashing within.

Because there on the floor, a little ways away from the table is an azure blue box with a gold black trimmed ribbon, that was once neatly tied with a nice bow on top. And now, well now it's on the floor.

"No....its.... just that... it's icing we can't, I mean it's probably all ruined." I reluctantly say. As pick up the box.

I place the box on the table and undo the bow. Lifting the lid of the box, and .... well it's exactly what I thought it would be.

Not only was the icing messily spread throughout the box. No to mention the little message I had written ontop, it's no longer readable. The heart shaped cake broke along with the chocolate music notes I had carefully placed around it.

I glanced at the clock.

"I only have 2 and half hours before he comes. I won't have time to re-make it again. And I don't know if I'll have time to make anything else. Plus I still need to get ready."

"Don't worry Marinette, I'll help. Maybe we can figure something out and still have time for you to get ready."

"Thanks Tikki." I say with a soft smile.

"Besides you still have the extra chocolate music notes you made. And we made extra icing."

"Okay, let's see......hmmmm maybe we can make chocolate cupcakes?"

"That should be a great idea!" Tikki enthusiastically said, trying to uplift my spirit.

~ 1 hour and a half later~

After the cupcakes had cooled I had iced them, while Tikki carefully placed the chocolate and decorations ontop. I had to admit they came pretty nice. (*Top Picture for reference. Not mine, I found it online.*) I had carefully placed them in box and carefully closed the lid. Tikki brought more of the ribbon and we finished wrapping the box.

"Well it's not the cake I had planned, but these came out really good. Do you think he'll like them?"

"I'm sure he'll love them Marinette." My little red Kwami said happily as she nuzzled on my cheek. "You should probably get ready he might be here soon."

"You're right, good thing I had my outfit picked out. I won't take long."

I walked back into my room and started getting ready. I wore an ivory blouse with a pale pink pleated skirt black thigh tights and a pair of red Mary Jane heels. For my hair I decided to do a simple half updo with loose curls. After looking over my outfit in the mirror, I walked back down stairs where Tikki was next to the box.