The boy breathed a sigh of relief as he turned and joined his team already in one of the empty rows, taking an empty seat next to Ruby. Once both the teams were settled in he spoke.

Port: "Now, where was i... Ah yes! Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!"

Blake and Yang had been sitting up paying attention, Weiss was taking notes and Y/n was fumbling with the blazer of the Beacon uniform that Ozpin had forced him to shift into. Ruby on the other hand had her head resting in her hands taking a nap until she was woken up by the professors bad joke.

Sensing the bad reception his joke was getting, the professor coughed slightly and continued on.

Y/n finally gave in as he couldnt stand the uniform. He loosened the tie and unbuttoned the blazer.

Y/n: "Stupid monkey suit..." he muttered under his breath, still being heard by Ruby who giggled at his disdain of the uniform. She whispered at him, deciding to not be the only one on the team teased today.

Ruby: "At least you look handsome in it." This noticeably registered on the teens face as he wasnt expecting that from her at all. He didnt wait long before he fired back though.

Y/n: "Thanks rosebud. Your lookin' pretty cute yourself..."

Ruby hadn't prepared at all for his comeback as she turned red and flustered. Y/n couldnt help but chuckle at her reaction. She pouted at him and punched his arm. Port having noticed the distracted students, cleared his throat loudly to regain their attention. Once he had what he was after, he continued his talk, but was soon tuned out by the duo as he began to tell a boring story about himself.

Y/n Pov

I immediately tuned the professor back out as he began to tell a story about cabbages or something like that. I was never a very good student, but it's nice having friends this time around. My thoughts naturally drifted back to this morning and I realised that when I made that painting...I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Since when could I draw? Not to mention spray paint THAT well without a stencil. Whenever I tried something like that before, I never could. Always felt like something was stopping me. Come to think of it I couldnt work out any type of instrument before either...but hey...I wont complain.

My attention turned itself back to Ruby as I noticed she was...balancing an apple on top of a book on a pencil on one finger...making one of the goofiest faces I've ever seen...

'now that is cute...wait wha-'

And even better, it was annoying Weiss. I know shes my teammate now, and I will do my best to work with her, but I have to admit I dont like her a whole bunch. Her attitude can really irk me at times. Maybe a teacher will tell her what for...did I just cut off my own train of thought?

My thoughts drifted again as I lightly tapped my foot to the lyrics in my head.

'The Star Of David don't belong to the David at all
He borrowed it from Peter just so he could pay off Paul
Peter copyrighted the star and now he owns a claim
But a star is still a star by any other name'

'Well now everybody's worried about a good look
But they need to be worried about a good hook
Instead of skipping straight to the last page
In that ol' rationalization book'

Ah sturgill simpson...noice. I got pulled out of my thought as the bell rang loudly. Snapping my eyes open as they had subconsciously closed, I was just in time to see Weiss in her battle uniform stomping out of the lecture hall, a dissipating grimm corpse in the center of the room, and a downtrodden looking Ruby.

Just A Shadow (RWBY male reader insert)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें