Chapter Nineteen: Lover

Začít od začátku

"Hello, boyfriend."

"Good afternoon, pretty girl."

"I missed you last night!"

"Aw, I missed you too, cheery. Are you busy right now?"

Brooke looked around at her apartment. She was surrounded by used plates and cups, watching dumb TV shows. "Well, I guess I could free up some time," she replied mockingly.

"How about I come over there, and we have a lazy Saturday at your place?"

"I genuinely could not think of anything better!" Brooke smiled, knowing she would see Lucas soon.

"Okay, I'll drive over now. See you soon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock, knock! Brooke bounded over to her front door, knowing that her gorgeous boyfriend would be on the other side. She swung the door open and there he was, smiling brightly with a plastic bag in his hand. "Ya know, I really should just get you a key for this place. It means I don't have to move to let you in." Brooke smiled, as Lucas walked through the door and over to the kitchen area, putting the plastic bag on the counter.

"I would love a key, if it means I can come over and take naps in private whenever I want," Lucas grinned smugly, taking the items out of the plastic bag and placing them on the island. It was an assortment of different types of soda, chocolate, chips and donuts. Brooke licked her lips at the sight of the snacks. "A lazy day wouldn't be complete without snacks! And, I brought a selection of movies too, but I get to pick this time!"

Brooke flung her arms around Luke's shoulders, planting a kiss on his lips. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Brooke asked, looking deep into his eyes.

"Weeeell, maybe once or twice." Lucas giggled. "But I wouldn't mind hearing it again."

Brooke jumped up, wrapping her legs around Lucas' waist. He held her up with ease. She started kissing him passionately. "Ya know, we do have all day," Brooke informed her boyfriend suggestively, biting her lip slightly. Without hesitation, Lucas practically ran to the bedroom, Brooke still in his arms and placed her down on the bed, tracing kisses all over her jaw, neck and chest.

He looked her in the eyes. "I will never, ever get bored of this, of you."

She stared back at him, a huge grin on her face. "Neither will I, Luke. Y'know, I never really understood the term 'making love' until we got back together. It feels different with you. It's nice."

"Reaaally nice," Lucas replied with a wink, before pushing the bedroom door shut.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke collapsed next to Lucas on the bed, panting heavily. "Oh my god, it's 3pm. We were going at it for over 2 hours?!" Brooke put her hand over her mouth and she and Lucas both laughed innocently. Brooke rolled onto her side, laying her head on Lucas' shoulder, tracing her fingers across his chest lightly.

Lucas was staring at the ceiling in awe. "I think that was the best I ever had."

"Lucas! You say that every time we have sex," Brooke giggled, looking up at her boyfriend's face.

"It's true! Somehow you manage to get better every time," he looked down at her, with a flirtatious smile.

"Sooo, I think we've been pretty active for a supposed lazy day," Brooke stated. "Maybe we should take this into the living room?"

"Good idea, cheery," Lucas exclaimed, as Brooke rose up from the bed, pulling her robe around her. Lucas got up too, pulling on some tracksuit bottoms and a grey t-shirt. They made their way into the living area. Lucas grabbed all of the snacks and placed them on the coffee table, situated between the couch and the TV.

Brooke scanned the assortment of films in front of her. "Luke, these are all scary!" She moaned, frowning slightly.

"I told you, Brooke, it's my pick this time. I refuse to be Notebook'ed again!" Lucas replied, thinking back to the times she had tricked him into watching The Notebook. He hated admitting that it made him cry.

"Ugh, fine! But can you at least pick the least scary one?" She pleaded with her boyfriend.

"Sure. Texas Chainsaw Massacre it is!" Lucas responded, teasing her.

"No! Nothing with the word massacre in it is going to end well."

"Brooke, horror movies aren't meant to end well..." Lucas laughed, she was so silly sometimes. "Fine, we'll watch Seven. It's not that scary, I promise."

"Cross your heart?" Brooke asked.

"Hope to die," Lucas responded.

Brooke rolled her eyes and flopped down onto the couch, arms crossed in disdain, as Lucas put the movie into the DVD player.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god!! What's in the box Lucas? What is in the freaking box?!?!" Brooke practically screamed from the edge of her seat, as the movie reached its climax.

"Why don't you wait the whole minute it'll take you to find out?" Lucas couldn't help but chuckle at how dramatic his girlfriend could be sometimes.

"It's a bomb, isn't it? It's a stupid bomb." Lucas shook his head at her. "Oh my god! It's his wife's head?! Ewww, that's disgusting. I think I would have preferred if it were a bomb." Brooke gave her running commentary on the movie's ending.

As the film drew to its close, Lucas turned to his girlfriend. "So what did you think?"

"Meh, it was okay," Brooke replied, nonchalantly.

"Oh really, 'cause it looked like you were getting pretty invested," Lucas smirked.

Before Brooke could respond to her boyfriend's teasing, Lucas' phone began to ring. It was Karen. Lucas quickly answered the phone.

"Hey, Ma."

"Lucas, I need you to come home as soon as possible, please." Karen told her son.

"Okay, sure mom. What's up?"

"Just come home quickly. Bring Brooke." Karen hung up the phone, abruptly.

Lucas looked at his girlfriend with confusion. "We gotta go," he told her. They collected their belongings and got properly dressed, before sprinting out of the door, down the steps and into Lucas' truck. They arrived back at Lucas' house in a few minutes. They ran up the steps, and through the front door.

Lucas and Brooke found Karen sat at the kitchen table, Keith sat beside her. They were both smiling. The couple walked over to the kitchen. "Hey guys, what's so urgent?" Luke asked.

Karen held up her hand, showing off a shiny, diamond ring. "We're engaged!"