"Watch," he said proudly. He was sitting with his elbows behind him and his legs spread apart.

"Does this have anything to do with Liam, and Peter spilling their guts out in the field?"

"And Kyle and Lucas, and soon the rest of the meat heads of Broadhollow High."

Storm's jaw dropped, filled with shock and excitement. "What did you do?"

"Eh, just a little grinding of laxatives in the Wilcox bathroom last night."

"You did not..."

Jack relished in the moment. "Oh, I did."

"Does Hudson know?"

"Fuck no. He'll preach me to death or drag me to church."

"I don't think he'd make a big deal about it."

"He shouldn't. Those asswipes deserved it."

Storm jogged her mind remembering yesterday morning when Liam and the other guys on the team were whistling at her like a group of perverted old construction workers. Hudson certainly saw the spectacle and knowing how jealous he had become lately, it must've drove him mad.

"Is that what this is about, you being Hudson's protector as always because he got a little jealous? What does he expect, to control every guy that lays eyes on me?" Stormed looked back out on the field avoiding his gaze.

"Dont pretend with me," Jack said getting her eyes to gravitate back to him. "You love that sort of attention."

Storm feigned apallment. "You're kidding right?"

He moved closer, making sure only she could hear him. "You're telling me you didn't enjoy teasing those idiots?"

"No," she replied, her tone unconvincing. She looked back out into the field with her head held high. She could feel his eyes on her, waiting for her to break. Lying to Hudson was easy for her but the guilt would never allow her to. Lying to Jack was impossible even if she tried, he knew her more than she knew herself.

"You can't fool me. I know you too well," he said by her ear.

"Oh yeah?" she asked turning to face him. "If you're such a psychic, then tell me, what am I thinking about right now?"

He looked in her eyes more uncomfortably than before. It drew her in, those unpredictable dark eyes that spoke of mystery and that mischievous smile on a beautiful set of lips for a boy. She wondered what his lips felt like, different than Hudson's she imagined, more passionate perhaps and certainly, more experienced.

"You're trying to imagine something you shouldn't," he said.

Hudson had landed a touchdown and now looked over at his best friends, expecting their cheers and shouts of victory. But when his eyes found the silhouette of his best friends from afar all he saw was how distracted they seemed with each other.

~~

After practice, Jack suggested they all take a swim at the Pontiac river and relive old memories, but Hudson refused. The trio could use a break or in better words, Storm and Hudson could use a break without Jack in the picture.