fourteen

"and then richie totally came out of nowhere a-and bill nearly came off his bike and my inhaler went flying and-"
evangeline's heart was in her throat, and it tasted delicious. her walk to school felt like a flash in time, yet excruciatingly long all at once. she'd let her mother know she had to arrive a little earlier to school that day to help out a teacher setting up... something. evangeline had long forgotten her petty excuse, but it worked a treat on her dimwitted mother and her brother was none the wiser, nonchalantly yapping at her about his little gang of nerds. evangeline's backpack felt full of bricks, namely the pocket that held the polaroid picture. her game plan was on the forefront of her mind, all that waited was the execution. they arrived at the school gates and she leant against a large brick pillar, her brother next to her.

"should you go inside jelly?" eddie asked. evangeline had to hold back a violent eyeroll.
"ms. james said she'd meet me outside the school. though i do have to use the bathroom..." she paused to feign thinking, "eddiebear, can you wait here in case she arrives and let her know i'll only be a moment?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows in a pleading manor.
"okay, but only if you stop calling me that." he said, trying to hide a smile.
"sure thing eddiebear" she chuckled, planting a tiny kiss on his cheek. she heard him exhale through his nose in amusement as she skipped up the front steps.

she waltzed through the front doors, the halls desolate and silent. evangeline couldn't help but smile at the peace and quiet. she briefly glanced towards the girl's bathroom door and strutted right past it towards her true destination. she crept around the corner to avoid any potential hidden witnesses and arrived at the classroom door. it felt as though a bubble had formed in her throat as her hand reached for the door handle, popping as she twisted it and opened the door to an empty classroom. she smiled in excitement, biting her lip as she locked the door behind her and stalked towards patrick's desk.

she pulled back the chair and knelt on it's usual position. she procured the polaroid and some sticky tape from her bag, purposefully slicing her thumb on it's serrated edge. she licked the blood off it and savoured it while taping the polaroid to the underside of the desk. once secured, she stood up and packed the roll of tape away, her hand now emerging from her backpack with a sharp knife in hand. she smiled darkly as it's point met the already carved up wooden desk. she etched away quickly at it's shiny finish, enough to deeply scratch the wood underneath. after a minute or so of carving, her work was complete. she secured the knife back in her backpack, threw it over her shoulder and left the classroom.

eddie had been waiting for his sister for a little longer than he anticipated, and his anxious tendencies had him worried.
'give her a few more minutes' he consoled himself. but his anxiety had taken control of his legs and before he knew it he was pushing open the main doors to the school. he furrowed his brows as his eyes darted around the desolate hall, not a soul in sight. they landed on the door to the girls bathroom and he tentatively stepped towards it, raising a fist to knock on the door.
knuckles millimetres from the green, polished door, he was interrupted by the voice of evangeline.
"eddie. i thought you were waiting outside for ms james?" she stated, rather than asked.
"you were gone a while. i was worried you'd gotten sick, o-or mommy's new vitami-"
"eddiebear, relax, that bathroom was locked so i had to use the one by the gym." she walked towards him, using a tone of voice she knew would make him drop the entire situation. she linked arms with the smaller boy and ushered him out of the doors after an understanding nod from eddie.
"now let's get out of here, the halls are creepy when they're empty" she giggled.

empty.

✄ ✄ ✄✄ ✄ ✄✄ ✄ ✄✄ ✄ ✄✄ ✄ ✄✄ ✄ ✄

a/b: wowwww hi sorry i took an unexpected million year break, literally everythings happened ive been thru like 3 jobs it's - too much. but i'm back with a FIRE BITCHES
part 15 is gonna come real soon, already written and everything as it's kind of a part 2 to this little situation. stay tuned and keep liking and commenting and all that good jush!