Chapter 2

Turns out there could be quite a lot that could go wrong in one single day.

Finley Foster arrived on time,for once, and stepped off if the small irredescent motorbike they had ridden there, which then collapsed upon itself and flooded into a small lavender box.

Finely stuffed the box into their satchel and followed the general flow of the students.

It was easy to tell exactly which element each prodigy was born from, each having corresponding skin and or haircolors.

The school was in the middle of the societal rankings, halfway between the sky and the ground, as to make the journey easier for the Java that attended.

The building of the school itself had no houses above it, and it covered numerous rooftops with it's vast grounds.

Earth Java had made the pastel plants and glittering grass grow from a layer of dirt between the school and the houses below it, providing the students with clean air to breathe.

As Finley walked towards the large opalescent doors they almost got trampled multiple times, being shorter than the average short Java.

Suspended above the opal doorway, was a sign that held the school's name on it in glittering emerald, Magemore: School of the Java.

The light and dark, water, air, earth, and fire belonging Java that Finley passed by all seemed to know exactly what their abilities meant, their movements filled with charisma and confidence, and how to control them subconsciously.

Finley wanted to stuff their glasses in their pockets to hide them because it didn't look like anyone else had to have an object to help them with their abilities, but knew it would only be harder on themself if they had to deal with the dreams everyone carried.

Especially the daydreams students would probably perform during classes.

Again, Finley felt a little out of place as everyone conversed in the light grey halls, having gone to classes with each other since they were little Java, and Finley having been homeschooled until that day.

Occasionally, Finley would spot a professor among the crowd, being slightly older looking than the students, but the professor would always vanish before they could reach them.

At this rate, Finley wasn't even sure if they would be able to find their locker, let alone locate where their classes would be held.

They jumped in fright as a green locker door was shut loudly by their ear.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you." Someone apologized, their slight accent crisp and focused.

Finley turned to see an average height male, with light pink skin and dark red hair, which was neatly trimmed and combed to show off their white tipped stubs framing his head like a crown.
His round belly looked like a huggable marshmallow that Finley wanted to sink into.

But that would've been a horrible first impression.

"That's okay, it's just so crazy in here I didn't see it shutting." Finley replied, tucking part of their pink tipped hair behind their ear.

The boy studied them with his gold eyes, the pupils curiously a slightly darker shade of umber.

"You're new aren't you?" He finally said after a momentary pause. "I don't think I've seen you before, I definitely would've remembered you."

Finley nodded, then blushed once they noticed the implication of that.

The boy seemed to finally understand as well as stammered. "Oh no, I didn't mean it like that, it's just that you have unique eyes and height it would be difficult to forget."