Nakia looked over at Sanaa, plucking a grape from the vine and hitting her on the temple with it. "Boundaries. We talked about this." Sanaa mocked her quietly, giving me enough time to try and make an exit.

"I'm gonna go check on Ramonda, while you both talk about boundaries—"

"Don't dodge the conversation."

"Oh, but I am." I slowly backed out the room. "I'll see you guys later; more than likely." I smiled and grabbed my beads, sliding them around my wrist and walked down the hallway. It's been raining since we got here, and I guess the rain had no plans on letting up. I walked past the room that Erik and the others were having a meeting in, and pressed my ear against the door so I could hear them.

The only reason I wasn't inside, was because he told me to sit this one out— even though it's my job, and he doesn't care. They weren't loud when they spoke, so that was the main irritating thing at the moment.

"Still the same, nosey girl from when you were little, I see." Ramonda's voice came from behind me, making me jump a little. She looked comfy in her black lounging clothes, and she had her hair down for once. A smile went across her lips while her nails tapped against her arm. "What are you doing, girl?"

"Your nephew won't let me in on the meeting— so this is the only way I can figure out what's going on." I chuckled.

"You mean, your boyfriend?" She smirked. "Don't give me that look. I saw you both coming inside before anyone else did. I know the looks and the touches. I was your age too— come walk with me." She reached her hand out towards me, giving me no choice but to take it and groan playfully.

We walked down the opposite direction of the palace, more than likely turning to where her room was. "So, are you going to deny it... or are we openly confessing?"

"Openly confessing to you... denying to everyone else." I laughed and pushed my hair back, behind my ear. I had to remember to get my hair braided again. I liked the straight hair look, but my braids were signature. "I don't feel comfortable with everyone jumping so quickly, and wanting to know what's going on."

"But you do like him?"

"I feel like both of you have the same personality trait, where you prefer for someone to openly admit for something." I rolled my eyes, just for her to pop me on the arm.

"I'm still getting to know my nephew. You, on the other hand, I've known for years and practically raised. I know you, Mbali. Even the sides that you don't want anyone to know." She gave me the look that only a mom would give her children, and I just accepted it. "But, I know that you know him better than anyone at this point."

We eventually made it to her room, and I remembered that I haven't actually seen the inside of it in so long. She had one of the biggest rooms in the palace, with the largest glass windows that overlooked the majority of the city. She had enough walking space to host her own thirty person meeting in here— and that was excluding the closet space.

"Sit, tell me what's on your mind. I know it's something." Ramonda patted the spot next to her on the bed, still holding onto one of my hands. "For you to be so young, you worry like you've been on this earth for sixty years."

"Do you know what they plan on doing with Wakabi, or what's going on with him in general?

Ramonda's lips pursed together as she sighed. "That's what you're worried about."