35 | ARRIVALS |PT. 2|

"You overcame the rain, but what about the dew?"

- African Proverb

_________________________

Omniscient

The Dora Milaje wasted no time standing in front of N'Jadaka, blocking him from the mystery woman in front of him. T'Challa followed suit; raising his eyebrow at the woman who looked at his cousin.

They understood that N'Jadaka was a warrior in his own right; he could easily defend himself. But they had a job to do, and he was part of the royal family. What caught N'Jadaka off guard, was Ayo standing in front of him. No staff was pointed at Aarvi, instead, Ayo had a daring expression— waiting to see if the woman would move.

Despite their rocky relationship, Ayo began to understand N'Jadaka.

"Me?" Erik raised his eyebrows in shock, "Fuck I do to you?"

Aarvi rolled her eyes at the situation before her, waving her hand. "Not you, I barely know you— despite you knowing of me." The women pointing their weapons at her slowly lowered them. "The other one you spoke of—"

"Wakabi?"

"Wakabi." She agreed, nodding her head. "I want him dead for what he's been doing to not only my people; but my recourses and land."

N'Jadaka could see her eyes start to gloss over, tears forming in them. He was suprised at how well she kept them back. He understood that anger could do that type of thing. "What did he do?"

Aarvi's jaw clenched and her eyes fell to the floor. "Not only has Wakabi stolen my peoples resources and defiled our sacred land, but he's killed many to get what he wants." Aarvi looked around the room, making sure she had everyone's attention. "Men and women. I'm surprised he didn't put his hands on children. I won't give him any credit to say that there's some form of humanity in him, because there isn't. Where is he?"

"Are you here for justice , or are you here for vengeance?" N'Jadaka eyed her. "Because vengeance isn't going to help your people or ours, if we know he's still got people out there. Take it from experience."

"What resource was he after?" T'Challa questioned.

"Similar to your resource being vibranium, we have a resource called meriac. Not as powerful as vibranium, but strong enough to hold three tons of its weight. It's placed underground— a mineral. We use it around our border to keep intruders out, and somehow he managed to get in."

"How many people were with him?"

"A dozen. I'm worried about who he'll try and target next. What do we do?" Desperation and anger set in Aarvi's voice.

T'Challa and N'Jadaka looked at each other, mentally agreeing on the same thing without a word escaping their lips. T'Challa knew war tactics and strategy, but not in the same sense as N'Jadaka— it was part of his life. T'Challa knew to leave this to him.

"How much meriac did he take?"

"A small amount, but enough to come back for more."

"We can send a portion of our warriors back with you to guard your borders and resources." N'Jadaka nodded. "They obviously understand vibranium and can identify when and where it's being used. Their fighting tactics are also advanced enough to go head to head with whoever Wakabi has in his side. We can all keep in contact with the progress and report back to each other every week if somethings not going right."