2 | M I L K & H O N E Y

Milk and honey have different colors,
but they share the same house
peacefully.

~ African proverb
______________________

"This is where you will be staying." I mumbled and opened the doors to the large room, moving to the side allowing him to see where he'd be living from now on. "And this is the sparring room." I walked down the hall and pointed to the other room.

I've showed him the meeting room, and other rooms that would be of use to him before feeling his presence at the side of me. "So where's your room, sweetheart?" I didn't have to look at him to tell that he was smirking.

"None of your business. If you need me, you will know how to get in touch with me. And my name is not 'sweetheart'. Its Mbali." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, sweetheart. Since I'm the person that you will be taking orders from, I order you to tell me where your room is." N'Jadaka smiled, but it was a sinister one.

"W-what? You can't do that—"

"Actually, I can do whatever I want since I'm over this tribe. So answer me, Mbali." He crossed his arms and looked at me. Odd enough, I enjoyed the way my name sounded as it rolled off of his tongue so easily

I glared at him and bit my lip. "The border tribe headquarters are made of of five I levels." I sighed. "Seeing as though I'm first in command, I stay on the fourth level, while you are here; on the fifth. If I'm needed, you use your Komoye beads to get in contact with me. Now, if you excuse me, I have a friend who is coming by. I'll be heading out now, N'Jadaka." I rolled my eyes and made my way down the opposite end of the hall to my floor.

______________

I quickly changed out of my clothes and into something more loose and airy as I waited for Sanaa to finally come over after she was away for so long.

As soon as I finished adjusting my hair, my communicator went off, letting me know it was her. "Look who's alive. I haven't heard from you in weeks!" I laughed and sat on my bed, taking in her appearance.

"Whatever," she laughed. "You know this is a busy time of the year for my tribe, things are coming in and going out like crazy, we could hardly keep up!" Sanaa was the granddaughter of Menzi, the merchant tribe leader, and daughter to Naomi and Mandla. They were in charge of any and everything that had to deal with commerce and trade in Wakanda. "How are things? You don't look to happy." She chuckled.

Mbali rolled her eyes and fell back on her bed. "You will find out when you get here. It's... interesting."

"Well, I'm already here. So, come to the entrance." She hang up the call on her communicator as I pushed myself from off of the bed that I was on.

I opened the door and poked my head out, hoping that N'Jadaka wouldn't be wandering around the halls, and thankfully he wasn't. As soon as I reached the door Sanaa stood there with a smile and a arm full of bags. "What is all of this?" I laughed and helped her with some of the bags.

"I figured I'd make up for being away for so long, and bring you a few things while we catch up." She smiled as we walked down the halls to her favorite spot: the kitchen. "Wakanda's best clothing and jewelry; for you and for me." She smiled.