Chapter 4

Peters POV
We lined up to get on the bus, Oscorp is a
big deal my dream is to one day work there. Their work with rare isotopes correlating to radioactive atomic nuclei is insane!

Ned and MJ found me slouching at the back of the bus. Ned is my best friend, he has no idea about what's going on at home and I plan on keeping it that way.

MJ is my um, MJ. She's the prettiest girl to ever grace this earth.

"Hey, bird brain!" MJ exclaimed while punching me on the arm. "What happened to your face?"

"I um..." think Peter. "Well, I um walked into a wall."

So smooth great job.

"Haha, fopdoodle," Ned said.

"What-, what's a 'fopdoodle'?"MJ questioned, grinning.

"Shut up," Ned said, looking flushed.

I'm happy that Ned's awkwardness far outweighed my own in this situation.

The bus pulled in front of the building, I stepped off to see an awkward boy about my age.

"My name is Harry I'll be leading this tour group today," He said leading us down the hall, "Over here is where our paleontologists work, don't mess with them or you will get jurasskicked" he started wheezing.

Ned and I are laughing... everyone is staring at us; gosh do these kids have no sense of humor?

He led us down sparkling hallways; I saw a room filled with monkeys, many labs, another room that was just made for blowing stuff up, and finally he took us to a dark room filled with caged spiders.

"These are interesting little fellows, after seeing the success of Dr. Bruce Banner, we thought we could prefect his experiment on gamma radiation," the other Harry gushed. "We were sadly mistaken, all they did was grow an extra leg."

I carefully observed a spider, it was beautiful; it had a black body and a red diamond on its back, making the diamond look as if it was floating.

"Peter, c'mon we gotta go," Ned whispered pulling me around.

I turned to get one last look at the strange spider, to see that it was gone, it's probably just hiding in the cage.

We headed towards the front of the building, said goodbye to Harry, got on the bus, and departed towards the school.

"I think that the radioactive spiders could do some good one day," I gushed sitting on the bus next to Ned and MJ. "Think about it, an army of Spider-People helping New York."

Ned paled. "Um speaking of spiders."

"What?"

His eyes darted to my wrist, there was a big spider on it.

Don't panic Peter.

I panicked.

I flailed my arms around in the hope to throw the spider off, it didn't work I felt a sharp pain in my hand. It bit me. It actually bit me.

"Ow!" I looked down at my swollen hand, grabbed a tissue, and grabbed the spider. It looked curiously like the one at Oscorp. Eh, it can't be that. Their spiders are in a high-security vault. Right? "It bit me!"

"Let me see," MJ uttered taking my hand. "There's not even a mark. Are you sure it bit you?"

"There was one a second ago," I argued observing my hand. There was no mark.