Chapter two

Dear diary,
     My first day back here in LA was better than I thought. I always thought my mom was mad at me but it turns out she wasn't, today is my first day at my new police station so I can't wait to see what LA has for me.
                      ~ Drea

"Drea you ready!" My mom yelled at me. I just finished fixing up my uniform and walked out of my room.

"I'm ready" I said as I walked passed her and grabbed a granola bar from the bowl.

"A granola bar? That's all your gonna eat.. there cereal or eggs or ooh we have waffles" Bobby said.

"I'm good, I'm not really that hungry.. kindof anxious for today" I said.

"Don't be.. everyone will treat you like family" my mom said.

"Partly because Athena is your mom" Bobby mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?" My mom said smirking.

"Ohh look at the time shouldn't you be at work" Bobby said looking at his fake watch on his wrist.

"Mmhm" my mom said and went up to him and kissed him lightly.. I just laughed.

"Let's go Drea.. Remind me to stop at the firehouse before we come home" my mom said. I nodded my head and walked out the front door.

"That won't be necessary" Bobby yelled out the front door.

"Oh it will be" my mom said to herself and I laughed as I climbed into her car.

~~~~~~~
"You ready?" My mom said as we both stood at the front entrance of the building.

"I guess" I said as I adjusted my belt.

"Let's go girly" my mom said and we both walked into the station.

We walked upstairs and she showed me my desk and the locker room and everything.

"Wow.. this is so different than in New York" I said as we walked out of the break room.

"Yes it is" my mom said. We continued walking until we walked in a room full of officers.

"Ok everyone!" My mom yelled and everyone turned around.

"This is Andrea Grant.. she is not only my daughter but your new lieutenant. You treat her with respect" my mom said and all the officers nodded their head.

My mom turned to me and smiled. "See nothing to be afraid of. Everyone here will be your friend" my mom said. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Requesting police assistance from station 118." Dispatch said into both of our radios. My mom looked at me and nodded my head.

I grabbed my radio, "Sargent and lieutenant grant responding to station 118 request" I said.

"Let's go" my mom said and we both walked out.

We climbed into the cruiser and my mom turned the car on, lights and siren and we took off.

~~~~~~

When we pulled on scene I saw Bobby and his team. I climbed out of the car and placed my hands on my belt and walked up to them.

"What we got" I asked.

"Andrea?" I heard Hen say.

"Hey Hen, how you doing?" I asked

"I'm great what you doing here" she asked

"Long story" I chuckled.

"Mother called 911, she said someone kidnapped her baby, tied her up and set the house on fire.. she's on her way to the hospital now" Bobby said as he walked over to us.