Chapter one.

Dear diary,
I have just landed in LA. I can't wait to go to moms house and see her and May and Harry. My life has been crazy, becoming lieutenant at the police station, to my dad coming out as gay, to now my mom marrying a new guy.. Bobby Nash is his name. Either way I'm just happy to back home.
~ Drea

I sighed as I walked out of the airport pulling my two suitcases. My hair flowed in the wind as I looked around. LA is way different than NY. All I see is sun and open area. I mean yeah LA has a cities but NY is just city no country like here.

I pulled out my phone and saw my uber was here. I looked around and saw a blue pickup truck which matched the same pickup truck on the app. I walked up to it and opened the door.

"Hi are you.... Steve?" I asked looking down at my phone at the name.

"Yes I am miss" he said. I smiled and placed my suitcases on the seat beside me and climbed in. I closed the door and he took off.

"What brings you to LA?" Steve asked me focusing on the road.

"I got transferred from NYPD to LAPD" I said looking out the window and watching everything go by as he drove.

"Really? Are you just an officer or..." he trailed off.

"Lieutenant actually.. my mom here is the Sargent" I said.

"Oh really? That's cool" he said

"Yeah" I said and looked down at my phone as I got a text from May.

May: Are you almost here.. mom has to leave and I'm running out of excuses to keep her here

Me: I'm down the street

I sent the text just as my uber pulled up to the house. I looked at the house, the same house that I was brought to after my mom came home with me from the hospital.

"Here you are miss.. have a great day" Steve said.

I climbed out and grabbed my suitcases.

"Thank you, you too" I said and closed the door. He pulled out of the driveway and drove away.

I walked up the driveway and to the front door. I smiled lightly and then knocked on the door.

I was scared. Mom was angry with me that I moved to New York.. I mean she had the reason to be, I moved across the whole country. I started to second guess my decision to take this job offer here.. what if she still mad at me.

Before I could ask myself any more questions the door slowly opened. I looked up and saw a surprised look on my mother's face.

"Hi mom"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi mom" I said. She stood there just surprised. But I don't know if it was a good surprise or a bad surprise.

"Andrea Grant is that really you?" She asked me. I could see her eyes start to water up.

"Yes mama it's me" I said as I let go of the handles of my suitcases and went to her and she immediately engulfed me in a hug.

"Oh my babygirl.. why are you here?" She asked.

"I got a new job here" I said. She pulled away from my our hug and looked at me.

"A new job? Where.. I thought you were doing fine being a cop in New York" she said as she moved out of the way to let me in. I grabbed my luggage and walked in.