Ch. 2- Bert's Missing and Being Dragged Across an Airport

I shoved my iPod into my blue sapphire colored carry-on bag. Just as well, because I heard a car horn bleep outside, and Rhianna screaming for me to hurry my lazy ass up.

"I'M COMING, YOU IMPATIENT GIRL!" I screamed. Yeah...our friendship is special. Don't judge it!

Running down the stairs with my luggage (and tripping on the last step), I ran out the door and slammed it behind me. I had already left my letter for my Dad on the kitchen table, telling him where I was, that I loved him, and told him not to come and get me. Telling him I was happy where I was. He always told me I could go wherever the hell I wanted to go once I was legal, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Nobody can stop me now.

Not even Dad can stop me now.

I ran to Kate's red, rusty van, throwing my luggage inside and hopping in after it. That wasn't exactly a good idea, since I basically landed on all of Kate's things.

"Ow..." I moaned. "Geez, Kate, would it have killed you to leave SOME of your stuff behind? Your stuff is being shoved up my butt..."

She looked in the backseat where I was with a grossed out expression. "First of all, TMI. Second, no. How dare you ask me to have left some of my babies behind?!"

Her 'babies' were her hair-care products, styling tools, and mostly all of her clothes.

I rolled my eyes at her, and shifted to get her suitcase out of my bum and finally sat down normally. Clipping in my seatbelt, I looked at Rhianna. She was just staring and being quiet for once... I don't think anybody gave her her chocolate chips yet.

That was good on a scale, but also VERY bad. If she doesn't get her chocolate, she tends to get angry easily and she's not right until she gets a five pound bag of them. I blame her uncle for getting her started on that one day.

"Rhi?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Did you have your chocolate?"

Rhianna nodded her head 'yes'. "I'm just tired. " she said. She didn't look it, but I didn't press any further. She did have a boyfriend, though. His name is Trent.

Oh my God. I swear, if he hurt little...well, more like big, RhiRhi, there will be hell to pay. I'll ask her when we get to England, that's if I remember.

We were halfway down the road when I decided to look through my bag to see if I had everything. iPod, phone, a couple books, my giant snack bag... I shrieked, and Kate slammed on the ancient brakes of the car.

"What was that for?!" She hissed at me. Shizzle sticks.

"I-I'm missing Bert..." I sniffed. Kate looked like she was trying to kill me with her eyes.

"THAT was what you were screaming about? Bert? As in your stuffed hippo?!"

I nodded. Kate opened her mouth to 'reply' to my answer, but Rhianna covered her mouth before she could. "Kate. Okay, this is awkward, but I love Bert as much as Olivia. We have to go back. " Rhi said. Kate sighed. "Fine. We'll go back...for Bert. "

I whooped as we shot back down the road backwards. Rhianna was holding onto her seat for dear life. Poor Rhianna.

Kate launched the car back into my driveway, and I jumped out of the car and ran into the house and into my bedroom. I grabbed Bert, along with Mr. Alpaca, my stuffed llama, and Fabio, my stuffed giraffe. Running back downstairs and into Kate's van, I hugged my animals close and did a ninja flip into the car.

"Like a boss. "

Kate and Rhianna just stared at me while I clicked in the seatbelt.

"How the hell..."

"What in the name of kittens was that?" That one came from Kate.

"I'm a ninja, guys. I thought we established that when we went to Rihanna's house and I kicked her little brother in a...place where the sun don't shine. "

Rhianna grinned, while Kate looked thoughtful. "I remember that," Kate said. "You kicked him real good. "

"He deserved it. " Rhianna piped in. I smirked. "He did." I said as we drove off for the second time.

•{live while we're young}•

Exactly when we got inside the airport, they called our flight number, 69. I mentally laughed at that one when I found out that was our flight.

Rhianna and Kate looked horrified, because we might miss our flight. "GET THAT PLANE!" they screamed. In one swift movement, each of them grabbed one of my wrists and began dragging me across the airport. Geez, I call myself a ninja but I can't even see that coming? Sad. Maybe I'll just quit my day job being a ninja and become a gillama. That's if a llama and a giraffe had a baby together. Llama+giraffe=gillama.

That sounds like a plan.

People were beginning to stare at me and my deranged friends, until I just got fed up with them and gave them my 'what-the-freak-are-you-looking-at-you-creepers' face.

Like a boss.

We finally made it across the airport, and they let us on the plane. Personally, I think it's because they don't want to deal with us anymore. When we got on flight 69, I screamed, "I CALL WINDOW SEAT!"

People glared at me as they rubbed their ears when they heard me. I shrugged. They would have to get used to me on this plane ride. I sat down in the seat I had called dibs on, with Rhianna next to me and Kate on the other side of her. People were still glaring.

This would be fun...not.