My hands clenched into a fist, how could he just say my mom was a failure. It's not her fault I choose a different path.

My father's laughter died out, and I heard a heavy sigh.

“There are things you don't know, Bolt...I was trying to get you married with Missy for a reason.” He barked, a chilly breeze blew by making me have goose bumps. I shivered, the temperature was dropping.

“And you...” there was a long pause, “has you wings vanished my boy?” he asked with a raw wickedness in his voice.

My eyes widen, how did he know? He couldn't see me from High World. 'Once ye have been shunned ye may not be seen or heard by others of this world.' That quote is in the education books, so it’s impossible for my father to see me. What is going on?

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out, it felt like was silenced.

“You choose the path that will destroy you. Mother like son. It runs in your bloods to fall for disgusting creatures from below...you are a disgraceful son. You never were a normal boy. Always gazing off into space and forgetting where you were most of the time.” My father spat. Confusion hit me, I went weak in the knees. What does he mean? How could he even talk to me...is this a dream? It feels so real...

“You dishonorable son.”

My father’s voice was fading, leaving me in the mist alone, surrounded by thick fog. As if the fog has a mind of its own, it circled around my neck. I was suffocating, fear shot through my entire body. My limbs gave out making me fall deep into the dream. The sense of coldness was causing me to shiver nonstop. I was falling endlessly; I sensed shadows dance around me, calling me to join them. Eyes of pure gold started parading around me, and then evil laughter echoed.

I refuse to be put down. “Brent doesn’t give up…I know him. He will never give in.” I heard my mom in the distance, she was arguing with someone. Her voice was faint, almost unreal.

Something cold grabbed a hold of my left leg. Pain, I jotted awake breathing heavily. I looked around; I was back in the room. The bed was empty. Empty. Fearing the worse, I jumped to my feet, ignoring the pain of my broken leg. My heart was racing. Cole left, he’s gone. No he can’t be gone.

The voices that called to me for my weakness, I listened to them. I blacked out and gave in to the hunger that wanted to claim me. I need to find Cole.

William POV

It was midafternoon, and the others decided to leave me behind to do the barbeque. We do one after every Halloween so it’s like a family thing and besides it's Cole's birthday today. Cole and Sammy were forced out of bed so they could go to school. I wasn't surprise that the Brent kid didn't wake up from all the loud noise the boys caused this morning. Kimmie always begins home strays, but the ones she begins never stay long. They usually leave after a day or two so I'm guessing Brent is one of those who only take shelter and go type of guy.

By his injuries, I say he fell out of an airplane; I had to put a cast on his left leg. Which confused me, he bone was already popped back in place and he wasn't healing. I was going to ask Kimmie about it, but like always she ran off with her mate. They were truly lucky to have found their mates, Chris, Thomas and I gave up when we hit our early 20s. I guess if fate has it, we will find them.