Chapter 2

Just a heads up that Cole's Point of view has some cussing....Don't look at me!! Point fingers at Cole! lol! Anyways enjoy....

Chapter 2

Brent POV

So, here I am just about to explain to my mom that her only son is gay. Or I might be. I don't know what I am. All I know is ever since I set my eyes on Cole; my heart is incomplete whenever I don't watch over him. I feel like a stalker. Now that I think of it maybe I am a stalker. My mom still hasn't looked up from her soup.

“Yes sweetie.” she replied happily stirring the soup with a wooden spoon.

“I'm uh...well. You see...hmm..” my words won't come out right.

“Brent, spit it out already.” She chuckled and looked up.

She dropped the wooden spoon. I swear I seen it go down in slow motion.

Click…Click Pa-ah, then the spoon went still.

The house went silent; the only noise was the flames under the pot and the soup boiling. Right now my mom is staring at me in shock. It could be because my wings are a darker shade of gray now and if I continue thinking about Cole they would soon be black. 

"Sweetie... what are you not telling me?" She asked her eyes were a shocking electric blue color like mine.

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

“I fell in love with a human...” I hesitated for a moment. “Forgive me. I'm so sorry.” I mumbled softly.

I looked down at my hands as if they were more fascinating than my mom's panicking scene.

I didn't have it in me to tell her that I might be confused, that I might like a guy, that I might be gay. That I'm going to earth knowing he might not like me. It was better for her to know half of the story that way rumors that go around about me wouldn't be too hard for her to handle.

“No,No Brent how? How did this happen? Did you tell anyone?” She poured me with questions before pulling me into a tight hug.

I bent down to kiss her on her head, I was taller than her. I am 6 feet 3 inches and she looked like a kid standing at 4 feet 3 inches. Both of my parents are short I don't know how I got my height.

“Missy knows...and you remember when I went to guard duty with Dad and there was this weird battle with unicorns?” I asked when she nodded pulling away to see my face and waited, I continued. “Well dad told me to follow one that drifted off; while I went after it I seen the bearded horse suddenly fell into a cloud and disappeared. I went to the opening and that is when I felt my heart....change I guess. I saw him--” I paused, crap I looked up to see mom didn’t notice I said him and not her, I quickly continued “…this human for the first time. I never felt the same and every day I had to go spy on this one in particular human being. Mom I think this human is my soul mate.” I explained, and yes we have unicorns up on High World.

They are just like horses but way harder to control since they have horns which I think they're called alicorn. Hey don't blame for not learning about the legendary donkeys of this world. They are some weird creatures that have poisonous horns, a billy-goat beard, and have a lion's tail. They are some ugly looking creatures until we the angels help them out by capturing and grooming them. Humans need to be thankful we helped them look nice and gentle.

“Brent” my mom snapped her fingers in front of me.

I hate being back to reality.

“I know what you're thinking that unicorns are donkeys, but now is not the time.”