The Morning After

When my eyes fluttered open, I sighed as I looked over to the window. The new curtains were blue lace over a white canvas sheet, which let in light more than the old grey curtains I had. But these were so cute, I figured I could stand to let some light in. 

I stretched my arms up to touch the headboard as I noticed the bed was empty. Sitting up, I groggily looked around noticed the bedroom was empty. So I slipped out of bed to grab my pajama shorts off the bureau and then I just grabbed a random shirt before I went to the bathroom across the hall. There I slipped on the shirt after I finished up and took a cursory look in the mirror to make sure I didn't look like crap.

I'm not winning any beauty pageants.

Then I left the bathroom and shuffled into the living room. 

I forgot the problem with living with others is that things aren't always where you left them. As I entered the living room, the curtains were completely open and bright sunlight streamed through them. My hand lifted to keep the sunlight out of my eyes as I groaned.

Trying to flee the sunlight, I turned and smacked right into a wall. As I fell back, two hands grabbed me and righted me. I blinked up at Emrys who was standing there with a grin on his face.

"Oh, shush," I grumbled and he laughed.

"Not a morning person," he asked and I flicked him off as I tried to shuffle around him. 

"That's my girl," I heard Kirian, his voice chipper and I glared at him. "Damn, really not a morning person."

"Leave her alone, Kir," Emrys said and Kirian made a noise.

"Don't tell me you fucked her too," he groaned and I grabbed an apple and turned throwing it to hit him in the forehead.

"Ow, the fuck was that for," he growled.

"For calling me a slut," I gripped right back.

"I wasn't calling you a slut. Good lord. I was just asking-"

"You were just asking if both of them slept with me. To be honest, Dante and Emrys both have more of a chance than you, you dick."

"Yeah well I wouldn't want to sleep with you," Kirian said coldly.

"Good. I'd hate to catch a disease."

"I do not have a disease," he spat.

I opened my mouth to spat something back when I felt two arms wrap around me from the back and I looked back to see Rune standing there.

"You two are bickering like siblings," he teased.

"She's impossible. Why did you have to sleep with her? Now she's gonna think she can get anyone to do anything cause she got you under her," Kirian grumbled as he flopped on the couch.

Rune moved around me, grabbed my favorite mug and poured coffee into it before he handed it to me and gently pushed me to the couch.

"But..." I started to say when he gave me a look and I sat down, curling my legs under me as I watched him go back into the kitchen.

"Oh, Kirian," I called and he looked over at me from the other couch. "For you're information. He was never under me last night."

He made a sick face and faux retched as he retreated into the kitchen. As he did, I heard my phone ring and I scampered back to my bedroom to pick it up.

"Hello," I answered as I took a slip of my coffee and started in surprise.

He made it just the way I usually do, two scoops of sugar, two scoops Nestle's chocolate powder.