Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave." 

Pulling the door closed behind us, I faced my mother, who was shaking while she hummed a song to the maids. They were shaking, since Annie and Lucy were only in their middle teens, I could tell they had no idea what to do. I sat beside the door, holding the sword close to my side. I could only imagine what was going on out there, but worse of all to Mr. Madison. I looked up and into the eyes of my mother, "I pray to every God that it will be fine." 

"I do to." I mouthed, looking at the sword beside me. 

The hours passed slowly, and I waited patiently, hoping every creak in the house was Sebastian. And soon enoguh it was. He knocked on the door, and I scrambled to my knees to open it up. He leaned against the wall, blood gushing from his side, and as he opened his mouth to speak, he fell straight into my lap, and I let out a scream. 

We rushed him into the spare room, as Curtis fetched a doctor. I laid him down, pulling the torn shirt off of his chest, and dabbing with cold rags. His chest was covered in cuts, and blood was everywehre. My mother stood with a washcloth over his head, "Annie, fetch me water!" She turned and Annie nodded, running off. I watched as my mother, turned into someone else. "I need you to pull off his pants, make sure there is no other cuts." She looked at me, and I nodded pulling them down. There wasn't cuts... but burns, that were blistering already. My mother groaned, and looked at Lucy asking for something. I just held back a choke, wondering what had happened. 

The next few hours, passed slowly. I sat at the end of the hall as my mother and the doctor worked on Sebastain. Mr. Moore, had arrived and was talking to my mother before speaking to me. I waited, watching the hustle and bustle of the small room. I heard a few shouts, and a few mummbles. I listened to make sure I heard no tears, hoping he was okay. When Mr. Moore, finally joined me on the small bench, I saw the cuts of his that had been wrapped up. "Is he okay?"

"He will recover fully, he is still not awake though, they are finishing up his burns..." He looked at his hands, they were banadged as well. "It wasn't pretty when we got there... the trading company has burned down. Mr. Madison is alive, and is safely home. But we couldn't get all the pirates, the ones we did are either dead, or in a jail cell." He was rubbing his thumbs together, then looked at me. "They each were wearing the Calston family seal, and a few with Serena's seal she has on her one necklace.... I think they were hoping that everything you needed was in there, and no that you had it already.." 

"I will be taking care of Calston, very soon. Whether he realizes it or not, I am in charge of him now, I have an advantage." I mummbled. 

"They said something, one of them before I killed him... He looked and told me, find the book of the Ring of the Sea, learn why it's so important, then maybe you will reason the deaths that will be coming." He looked back into my eyes, "He was happy about death, no fearful. He was excited that I was taking his pain away, almost..." He shook his head, "But one mentioned there is no secrets when you play in the web." 

"Something that Sebastian says..." I mummbled. 

"He was the one who got Mr. Madison out, that's why he is so injurged, because the men were beating him with whips trying to keep him from Mr. Madison..." He was fearful as he spoke, as if it was happening again. 

"That's terrible..." I mummbled, remembering the attack on the ship. 

"Yes, it is." He went to speak again, and my mother came out. She was sweating, covered in blood, her dress ruined. Annie and Lucy behind her, with the doctor following. 

"He's asking for you, Camille." She looked at me, "I am going to clean myself up." 

"Alright, mother." I nodded, and walked into the room, shutting the door behind me. Sebastian's face was still pale, with signs of pain. He scooted his body up into a sitting positon. He was wrapped in bandages, with blood still coming through in some spots. He grabbed his ribs, holding them, in what looked to be place.