"I'm new at this." I giggled, Charlotte laughed at me. "Is this too warm?" I continued, letting some of the water out of the tub. She shook her head no in response. I helped her into the tub, she started splashing around and giggling.

"So how much of this do you do alone?" I asked just wondering if she could wash herself or if she needed assistance. She shrugged and sighed.

"I take baths alone when Mommy's at work late..." she confessed, I looked at her shocked. I may be a first time dad, you know thrown into this last night and all; but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to let a little kid sit in a bath alone. That's dangerous right? Yeah, it's gotta be.

"Oh okay but we aren't gonna do that here okay? That can be dangerous." I suggested, she nodded and mumbled an "okay".

"Well show me how you wash your hair; here's hair wash..." I pasted the bottle to her, she took a quarter sized amount, maybe a little more, and started washing her scalp. After about a minute she washed her hands under the water and cupped them to pouring water over her head.

"Good job, do you use conditioner? Rian went all out for you." I smiled, we are such manly men... we all use shampoo AND conditioner.

"No mommy doesn't want me to use all of hers." She sighed. Knowing Mary and knowing how old she was, she wasn't mature enough to not think of herself. God that's makes me mad. If only we both could have been older.

"Well this is all yours! You don't need to worry about it." I grinned covering how I really feel. She doesn't need to know how I feel about her mom. She smiled as I showed her how to use conditioner.

"And here's the magic tip, if you leave it sit for a little it will make your hair even softer! So let's do body wash now." She nodded at my suggestion and grabbed the watermelon body wash then washing up. After we rinsed her hair one last then I helped her out of the bath and into a towel. She giggled as I danced with her in my arms and sang. We then brushed her teeth, and combed out her hair. After I helped her get dressed for bed.

"Do you wanna sleep in your bed, or in my bed Charlie?" I asked to see if she had changed her mind.

"Your bed..." she grinned, I smiled and nodded. We walked to my room and I tucked her into bed, she sighed.

"Can you get bunny?" She wondered, I nodded and went downstairs grabbing him from the couch. Then bringing him back upstairs to her.

"Good night Alex..." she mumbled, now tired. I smiled, this is the moment I want. A quiet goodnight.

"Good night love... I'm going to go downstairs and come back up later, okay?" I question.

"Alex can you please sing that song to me? If it's okay." I smiled and nodded an "of course". I sat on the side of the bed and started lightly singing Daydream Away to her until I finished at that point I was sure she was asleep. I then quietly snuck out and downstairs. I grabbed my phone for the coffee table and opened he band groupchat.

Alex: Dinner, bath, teeth brushed, and asleep. Night one success. I think she's got me wrapped around her finger already...

After hitting send I put on music lightly and went into the kitchen to clean up, after I was done I sat down on a chair.

Rian: Good, only a couple thousand more to go!

Jack: I think she has us all in the palm of her hand

I laughed, truly a couple thousand, it will get more routine but I hope it never gets boring. I moved to Instagram and scrolled for a little bit but then couldn't stop thinking about the picture of Charlie I had taken. I want the world to know, but do I want the world to question?

@-AlexGaskarth: I've been all over the world, I have seen so much but by far the prettiest thing in the world is you

@-AlexGaskarth: I've been all over the world, I have seen so much but by far the prettiest thing in the world is you. This is gonna be a wild ride, love.

I hit post and threw my phone practically, our secret is now the world to have. At least it was at my doing not anyone else's. After that I decided it was bedtime, let that stew over night and we'll see in the morning. I walked up stairs quiet and plugged my phone in, then grabbing some shorts and just leaving my tee shirt. As I went to get into bed I realize Charlotte, the blanket, and bunny are gone. I jump to action and see if she had fallen off the bed or is sitting on the side. She wasn't.

"Charlie?" I called lightly, walking into her room. I noticed that the closet door was slightly opened, I opened and looked to see Char snugged up in the blanket lying on the floor.

"Charlotte..." I sighed, she hummed and rolled over. I giggled lightly picked her up and snuggled her into the blanket as I walked her back into my room. I put her down lightly, then laying down next to her and pulling the comforter over me.
"I like this life." I thought to myself.

——————
Ah hi friends! A longer chapter, thank you for all the votes, reads, and comments. It all means a lot to me!