Chapter 10; Meet Emily.

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so tell me about this Ethan guy..."

I laughed. "There's nothing to tell."

"Come on Ken, stop being selfish with the details. I can't believe I've never met the guy. Please tell me he's good looking??" I could hear the pleading in her voice.

"Liv, he's..." I closed my eyes and tried to visualize Ethan as though he were in front of me. I didn't realize Liv had been waiting for me to speak as my mind went places.

"Ooooooooh... He's got to be better than Chris Hemsworth if you're short of words to describe him." She stated.

"Way better Liv. Waaaaay better." I told her.

She laughed. That full throated laugh.

I couldn't believe my cheeks were getting warm because of this.

"Okay, sorry..." She chuckled "sorry, Ken just give me a minute."

"Yeah go ahead, it's not like I have somewhere to be and haven't prepared at all." I muttered sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

That sobered her up.

"Sorry Ken, anyway he's picking you up and taking you to the restaurant right?"

"Yeah"

"On a serious note Ken, do you think there's a future with this guy? I don't want you to get hurt." She said in her serious motherly voice.

"I don't know Liv. I mean I'm attracted to him, it's just with all what's going on with Emily I don't think I can handle a relationship." I said sadly.

"Shut up right there. You've dedicated 3 years of your life to Em. She and I both know it's time you did something for yourself. I know Luke messed you up, but if there's even a shot of happiness with this Ethan guy, I speak for Em and myself when I say you should take it."

I smiled. This is why she was my best friend.

"Thanks Liv. Say hi to Dan okay. I better get ready."

"Sure thing babe. Dan went to get some whipped cream, he'll be back soon."

"TMI Liv. Gosh, do I even want to know what he's gonna do with it?"

She chuckled. "Let's just say, he's going to be doing lots of licking tonight..."

"Ew... Good bye Liv." She laughed till I ended the call. Had I not, I would've been on the receiving end of some very explicit things which could be done to some body parts you don't wanna know.

~~~
By the time I'd heard the door bell, I was fully dressed and had spoken with Emily's nannies since she was still asleep.

"Wow..." Ethan said as I opened the door. "You look... Wow..." He shook his head.

My cheeks and neck were already a bright shade of crimson.

"Thanks. You look good too." In all honesty he did. He looked like he'd just had a shower evident from his damp hair, he had on dress pants and his crisp white shirt had been rolled at the elbows. In short, he looked too beautiful to be real. Is that even normal?

As for me, I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary. I'd let my straight black hair down and had on minimal makeup since Liv usually took care of that. I'd put on denim jeans and a cami top under my flannel. I also switched my heels for high tops. I didn't really see the WOW factor in my choice of outfit. He did say to dress casual after all.

"We better get going. The chef's waiting." He said and proceeded to open the passenger door of his car for me.

I muttered a thanks in return and got in.