15

NARRATION

Nang makarating sa 7 eleven, bahagyang nanlaki ang mga mata niya sa dami ng tao na namimili.

He looked around and all he sees is a bunch of unfamiliar faces that are busy dealing with their personal matters.

There's a dude who just wants to buy some beer.

There's a girl who just wants to look around and many of them are there just for the percent off of the items.

It's been long ever since he went out alone. Pati na rin ang huling pag labas niya – bukod sa pag gala nila kahapon – matagal na rin. Kaya kapag nakakakita siya ng maraming tao, he can't help but feel uneasy.

Going out alone when you have social anxiety is bad, what more if you can't hear anything?

With every little physical contact, he'll flinch.

He thought he already can but turns out, he's still afraid.

He pulled his hoodie down and went to search for his favorite snack and drink and made sure he'll buy plenty so he won't have to come back anytime soon.

When he's about to head to the counter to pay, he saw a familiar face amidst the crowd. A person he never thought he'd see today.

Heather

Her short black hair now has blonde streaks and her skin has gone tanned. She's wearing a yellow hoodie, short shorts, and slides.

Kung kabado na kanina ay mas lalo lamang siyang kinabahan. Pabilis nang pabilis ang pag tibok ng puso niya na animo'y sasabago ito ano mang oras.

But realizing that they might not see each other again, he let go of his anxiety and greeted her in the most awkward yet friendly way.

"Hi, Heather." he greeted and saying those words made him feel weird.

Iba pa rin kapag naririnig mo ang mga kataga na lumalabas sa labi mo.

She slightly shook her head and looked up to him. "Do I know you?" Kent started panicking when he did not understand what she just said.

He fidgeted with his fingers on his left and free hand as the other holds the basket full of four big packs of honey butter chips and 3 large bottles of c2.

"Uhm, I. . ." he stutters, "I've heard you sing 4 years ago. . . at the park so–"

Heather blink thrice and ran her hand through her hair. "Are you even listening to me?" then again, he couldn't understand.

He kept searching for words but his mind went black when she flashes a mocking smile as she utters another sentence he couldn't understand. "Are you deaf or what?"

"I. . . like your voice."

"Are you seriously deaf?" He couldn't hear it but he can see it. She is laughing mirthlessly.

And of all the words he could understand, he hated himself for knowing the last sentence she said before she turned her back.

"How can deaf like you would know?"