Chapter One: Beginning

It was December 18, 1998. It was a cold and icy day, so no one was out on the streets. Except for one person. Isabella Marie Swan drove her Chevy pick up down a long, winding road that never seemed to end. Snow came down in small flurries, blocking Bella's view of the road in front of her.

She knew better to be out on the roads in weather conditions like this but her boyfriend--now ex-boyfriend
--, Matt had convinced her to come down to his house, just so he could break-up with her. "It's not you, it's me," echoed through her head. Bella bit her lip, a small tear coming out from her eye. She quickly wiped the tear away and ran her hand through her hair. Bella tapped her steering wheel to the beat of the music, while waiting at a red light. 'I'm not going to be one of those girls' whose life ends because of a boy.' Bella thought to herself. At least she hoped so.

Bella was a normal girl, in her opinion. Her parents were divorced and she was an only child. They lived in a small cottage in San Francisco until she was 9 years old. Her teen years were spent in Arizona with her mother and father. They had a perfect life.

Then the fighting started. First it was the yelling, then the unnecessary smashing and breaking of household items. It had gotten so bad one time, that Bella and her mother had to stay at her grandmother's house for a month. "Everything will be okay ," Bella's mother would say to her when Bella asked if she way going to see her dad again. At age fourteen, the divorce happened.

Her father, Charlie left to someplace in Wisconsin. Bella remained with her mother, scared to leave. A year later, a stranger came to the door and sexually harassed her mother. Her mother was scarred, so Bella and her mom moved to a small neighbourhood in Nevada. Her mother then met Leon and they started dating. They travelled around the world together and left Bella behind, with the crazy cat lady next door.

Bella was sick and tired of being ignored, so one night Bella called her dad and asked to live with him. He was thrilled. She then took a bus to Oregon and her dad picked her up at the bus station, then they made their way to Wisconsin. Her dad was a Realtor so he wasn't home as much as a father should be. Bella was fine with that. Now seventeen, Bella loved the small town she lived in. Every single second of it.

Bella slammed her hand down on the horn and yelled at the driver in front of her. Bella looked in her rearview mirror, then quickly looked away after seeing herself in the mirror.

She didn't like her whole look. She had brown hair that flowed down her shoulders and brown eyes to match. She had a narrow jaw that paired up with her rosy cheekbones. She turned the rear view mirror to the left, so she wouldn't have to see herself in the mirror. Bella was a reasonable height, being 5'2". Her legs were long, which was useful when she had a track meet.

Bella described her face as plain. She didn't wear makeup, except when she used cover up to cover her small pimples. She had a straight, but small nose and thin lips. Bella dressed like a tomboy; jeans, dark shirts and comfy pull over sweaters.

Her stomach growled, so Bella pulled over to McDonald's and grabbed a few French fries from the drive thru. She pulled into an empty parking lot and leaned against the truck, nibbling on her french fries. Her mind wandered, but then a group of teens her age walked into the parking lot, which sidetracked her.

A blond haired boy laughed loudly, which echoed through the parking lot. It was Matt. He was with some girls and some of his buddies. Bella raised an eyebrow and curiously watched them. They were drunk. Matt stumbled across a homeless man and they started pelting him with their french fries. Bella stormed up to them and gave Matt a stern look.

"Stop it!" Bella shouted.

"What are you going to do about it?" Matt breathed. She could smell the beer on his breath.

"C'mon babe, she's a party pooper." said one of the girls.

"Babe?" Bella asked confused. Who was this girl? Bella finally put the pieces together. "You're Banging her, aren't you?!" Bella shouted angrily. Matt frowned at Bella and the girl nodded. "Time; that's what you said you needed." The whole group of teenagers burst out laughing. Bella made a fist and walked up to Matt and punched him in the face. She hit his nose, and she swore she hear a crack. Blood poured out of his nose like crazy.

"What the hell, Bella?" He snapped. The group then walked away, got into their cars and drove away. Bella shook her fist, which was in pain. She held up her fist to the streetlight and saw Matt's blood on it. She quickly wiped it off because she was squeamish around blood. Bella bent down and gave the homeless mad a ten dollar bill.

"Thank you, young lady." He whispered. Bella hoped he didn't spend that on drugs. She walked back to her car, got in and drove home, going faster then she should have been going.

Bella slammed her foot on the gas. She was pissed. Pissed at Matt, pissed at that girl, pissed at life. What Bella didn't see through her anger was a patch of ice. The wheels hit the ice and they spun. Bella tried to get control of the wheel but it was useless.

Bella shouted a curse word as the red truck flopped into a ditch and rolled three or four times. Bella, who was now sitting upside down in her truck, was gasping for breath. She pushed the roof and tried to get out. It was no use. Bella coughed out some blood and tried to yell for help. It was 2:00 am in the morning; who was going to hear her? Someone must've hear her because she turned her head and saw a pair of black shoes. "Miss? Are you okay?" the voice questioned.

Bella nodded. "I think so," she coughed. She wiggled her arms, then her legs, one by one. Bella let out a small groan, and assumed one of her legs was broken.

The man bent down. She couldn't see his face; she could only see his eyes, which looked dark brown in the light of the moon. "On the count of three, you're going to unbuckle yourself and I'm going to pull you out." Bella nodded. "One...Two...Three.." Bella quickly unfastened her seat belt and he grabbed her waist and carefully pulled her out. Bella sat on the damp grass and looked up at her rescuer.

"Thank you" she whispered. He slowly helped her up and held her, for if he had not, she would've collapsed.

"Let's asses the damage.." He said looking at Bella. He touched her forehead, which was cut, then he pulled his hand away, wiping the blood on his white shirt. Her hands had bits of glass in them, with blood oozing out of the small cuts.

"How can I ever repay you?" Bella questioned breathless. The man smirked, and that's when Bella knew he had bad intentions. He leaned forward and tried to kiss her, or at least she thought so. He bit her hard on her neck and she screamed. "What the hell, Man?" She yelled.

She grabbed her cell phone and was dialing 911 when he grabbed her phone and crushed it to itty bitty pieces. "H-How did you do that?" Bella said scared. Then the pain hit.

The last thing Bella heard was"Oh, you'll repay me my pet. I have great plans for you, my dear." the voice laughed and then it was gone. The world slowly grew darker as Bella passed out.

The pain was unbearable. It felt as if someone was stabbing her everywhere, all at once. She had to fight this. Whatever the man injected into her, she was going to fight this until she won. All Bella could see was darkness. She tried to open her eyes, but it felt as if they were sealed shut. It felt as if she was being crushed by a house. She struggled under the pressure, until she had no fight left in her. She slowly let the darkness consume her.

It stopped. The pain, the pressure, it all stopped. She was fine. If she was fine, why couldn't she still not open her eyes? Bella whimpered and heard someone laugh. It echoed through her eardrums; it felt as if he was screaming right in her ear. But he wasn't. She could sense him. He was all the way across the room. She clenched her fists.'When I wake up, you'll be sorry' Bella thought to herself. Suddenly something changed. She could feel that her body was ready for her to awaken. Bella opened her eyes.

~ ~ ~

Read

Vote

&

Comment!

Sincerely, Burningbrightfire