38

There was no choice but to put on the dress, of course. I was naked and didn't want to resist, not that I would win in the end, so I agreed to wear it.

Karen and Helen were even going to force me into wearing black heels as well, but I've never worn them in my life, and I reminded them about my baby and what would happen if I accidently tripped.

They decided to lay off of the heels and gave me black flats instead, to which I was grateful. But that wasn't it. They were going to do my hair as well, and it really did start to feel like the junior high dance all over again.

Instead of Olly and Rebecca though, I had two new friends, Helen and Karen. While they were doing my hair, my thoughts went back to my normal friends. It was the summer time of course, so I hope they didn't call my cell, including Isaac. It was at home the whole time and they would've probably worried since I didn't answer.

Trey said if I turned into a werewolf, I would miss my human loved ones. And it was true. I've been with my three friends for practically my whole life and they were the support I had in place of my parents. Could I easily abandon them for Trey?

Would they be sad about it?

But something told me Olly and Rebecca would easily give me up so I could be happy with Trey. Isaac too, though he'd probably be reluctant and distrustful of Trey at first. But in the end, he'd let me choose Trey over him as well.

When I see them again, I'm going to tell them I love them.

And now the only decision would be...when will I let Trey turn me?

I blinked and felt something jab into my eyelid.

"Geez, Willow, hold still. You've been doing fine until now."

My eyes widened when I saw Helen holding a black stick that I remember was used to make eyelashes longer. Makeup.

"What are you two doing?" I asked, staring between the both of them. Karen was holding a stick of concealer and some sort of powder towards my cheek.

They glanced at each other with humor before continuing as if I didn't say a thing. Instead of struggling and possibly getting my eye poked out, I sat completely stiff and still. When they finished, I glared.

"What's going on?" I said in a menacing tone.

Helen grinned as Karen put away all the makeup. "Can't you guess?"

I groaned. "Please don't tell me it's a dance."

At that, the two of them laughed. "No. Not a dance. But something like that. We're going to a celebration."

"Celebration?" I repeated as Karen kneeled at my foot and felt around my ankle. She rubbed lightly and twisted it.

She looked up at me. "Does that hurt?"

I shook my head. "It feels weird though."

"Hm..." She stood back up and held out her hand as I stood up on my own. Karen told me to test out walking and I did. There was a small limp, but other than that, I could walk fine. "Good."

And they each took a hand as I walked down the hall and towards the stairs that led to the first floor. "Celebration for winning the war?" I asked.

"When a pack wins a war, we don't generally celebrate. Usually because wars always result in death, but fortunately, we didn't lose anyone because of the Elder Coco." Karen explained. "But still, it isn't traditional to celebrate, so no. We're not going to a celebration for winning the war."

Then I was clueless as to what we were going to do. "Does Trey know about this?"

Helen pursed her lips. "Sort of. But he probably doesn't know exactly."